Rainmeter 2.4 Beta Available
Time for the next version of Rainmeter!
The latest version of Rainmeter will see many improvements, both for users of the application and for those creating and editing skins. Stay tuned every Sunday for the latest beta version. As always, Rainmeter 2.4 fully supports skins written for earlier versions, and users can simply upgrade their existing installations. There is no need to uninstall or change any existing setup to use the new beta version.
October 7, 2012 - Revision 1674
- Fix for a problem with dynamic variables and Script measures, broken in r1673.
October 7, 2012 - Revision 1673
- Skins: Added support for custom skin Context Menu items. See Change Announcements for details.
- Manage: Changed the term "Themes" to "Layouts" throughout Rainmeter.
- Bangs: Added new !LoadLayout bang to load saved Layouts (previously Themes) from a skin or the Rainmeter.exe command line.
!LoadLayout "Layout Name". Use from the command line will also start Rainmeter if it is not currently running.
- Skin Installer: Deprecated the /LoadTheme command line option. Use the !LoadLayout bang from a skin or as a command line option to Rainmeter.exe.
- Script: Fixed a problem with loading
ScriptFilewith a path using Unicode characters.
- Plugin Developers: Fixed an issue with DllExporter in the plugin API.
September 30, 2012 - Revision 1645
- Skins: Moved Author from [Rainmeter] to [Metadata].
- Roundline: Removed MeasureName requirement. This removes the need for a "dummy" measure when drawing generic circles.
- String: Arial is now the default font when FontFace is not specified or errors occur. Error logging with font problems improved.
- Time: Added support for formulas in TimeZone.
September 24, 2012 - Revision 1634
- Fixed a problem with !SetOption and Measures broken in 1633
September 23, 2012 - Revision 1633
- RecycleManager: Fixed update issue with Windows XP.
- NetIn/NetOut/NetTotal: Removed TrafficAction option.
September 16, 2012 - Revision 1626
- Language: Removed Croatian and Lithuanian.
- SysInfo: Added Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 support.
- Ping: Improved error reporting.
September 9, 2012 - Revision 1623
- Fixed infinite loop with RegExpSubstitute when Substitute has a empty string.
- IfEqualAction: Now compares the values as 64bit integer.
September 2, 2012 - Revision 1617
- Time: Added TimeStamp option to Time measures.
Details can be found here.
- QuotePlugin: Fixed handle leak.
- Lua: Fixed some occasions where an error in a Lua script could crash Rainmeter.
August 26, 2012 - Revision 1613
- Registry: Changed the measure to return a number value as well as a string when REG_SZ entries contain a number.
August 19, 2012 - Revision 1611
- Image: Added PreserveAspectRatio=2 feature to Image meter. Details here.
- Added quotes around filename when using ConfigEditor.
- Script: Fixed backwards compatibility issues due to removed tolua.cast
- Time: Fixed that Time measure logs invalid format error on initial skin load.
- String: Fixed an issue with StringAlign and relative positioning.
- Fixed an issue with #CURRENTCONFIGWIDTH# and #CURRENTCONFIGHEIGHT# on initial skin load.
- Memory: Minor optimizations for Memory measures.
August 12, 2012 - Revision 1598
- Fixed a bug that did not allow "group" related bangs to work correctly from Lua.
- Section Variables: - Added [Measure:MaxValue] and [Measure:MinValue] functionality. You can use it with scaling modifiers. (For instance, [Measure:MaxValue:/1024, 2])
- Section Variables: - Trailing zeros are trimmed if decimal places modifier is not used.
August 5, 2012 - Revision 1593
- Added new [Meter:]/[Measure:] Section Variables functionality.
We have added new functionality we are calling Section Variables to provide skins with some new dynamic information about meters and measures.
For meters, we are exposing the X/Y/W/H values in a dynamic way, which can be used in formulas to accurately size meters based on the actual width and height of other meters, as well as adding additional flexibility for relative positioning of meters.
For measures, we are adding the ability to obtain the numeric value of a measure using the number modifiers only available within a meter today. Now you can use the numeric value of a measure in a formula with the power of defining the number of decimal places to use, scaling by any desired value, and converting the number to a percentage.
All of these Section Variables require that the meter or measure using them have DynamicVariables=1 on it.
[MyMeter:X] (Current X value of the meter)
[MyMeter:Y] (Current Y value of the meter)
[MyMeter:W] (Current W value of the meter)
[MyMeter:H] (Current H value of the meter)
[MyMeasure:] (Numeric value of the measure)
[MyMeasure:2] (two decimal places)
[MyMeasure:/1024] (scale by 1024)
[MyMeasure:/1024, 2] (scale by 1024 two decimal places)
[MyMeasure:%, 2] (percentual two decimal places)
sVar = SKIN:ReplaceVariables('Scaled number is [MyMeasure:/1024, 2]')
- Fixed bugs with a missing tray icon in some cases on startup, and when TrayMeasure options are reloaded.
- Meters: Fixed a problem with resizing of certain meters with !SetOption.
- Lua: ReplaceVariables() now also replaces section variables.
July 29, 2012 - Revision 1578
- Due to inactivity, removed support for localization into the Latvian and Slovenian languages.
- Installer: Made SSE hardware architecture support a requirement, allowing significant performance improvements in 32bit Rainmeter.
- Added a file association (to the same program associated with .ini) for .inc files if one does not exist, to facilitate editing @Include files.
July 23, 2012 - Revision 1570
- Added support for custom cursors on meters with mouse actions with new
If a custom cursor file (i.e. .cur or .ani) is found in @Resources\Cursors in the root config folder of a skin, it will be automatically loaded and available as an alternative for the standard "hand" pointer for meters or skins with a mouse action. The option can be used in any meter or the [Rainmeter] section with
MouseActionCursorName=MyCursor.cur. No path definition is needed in the option.In addition, several built-in Windows cursors may be used without needing any file name or extension. (Hand, Text, Help, Busy, Cross, Pen)
- Changed @include behavior. Now the sections that the included file has are inserted at the position where the @include is defined in the .ini file. See @Include for details.
- FreeDiskSpace: Changed the measure to obey user account disk quotas in Windows. A new DiskQuota option will allow disk quotas to be ignored on "free / used" space if set to
- Made the second parameter of the !ActivateConfig bang optional. If the second parameter is not given, !ActivateConfig will switch to the next variant in the folder.
- !SetOption now supports changing X, Y, Hidden and MeasureName(n) on meters
- Lua: Fixed that GetMeter/GetMeasure/GetVariable functions do not correctly return nil on error.
- Script Measure: Fixed that Initialize() was not called again when the ScriptName is changed dynamically.