Rainmeter 2.4 Final Release
The latest version of Rainmeter has many improvements, both for users of the application and for those creating and editing skins.
As always, Rainmeter 2.4 fully supports skins written for earlier versions, and users can simply upgrade existing installations. There is no need to uninstall or change any existing setup to use the new version.
- New Measure and Meter Section Variables functionality.
- Support for custom skin Context Menu items.
- Custom cursors on meters with mouse actions with new MouseActionCursorName option.
- PreserveAspectRatio=2 feature added to support "crop and fill" sizing on Image meters.
- Changed the term "Themes" to "Layouts" throughout Rainmeter.
- !SetOption now supports changing X, Y, Hidden and MeasureName on meters.
In addition, there are dozens of other improvements and fixes in the 2.4 version. See the Version History for a complete list.
All New Rainmeter Documentation!
The documentation for Rainmeter has been completely re-written, to make using and learning Rainmeter faster and easier.
Then see the User Interface section to see how to manage Rainmeter on the desktop, and other pages for help with installing and publishing skins.
The Reference section provides all the details needed to create and edit skins. This is the essential reference for taking Rainmeter to the next level. Edit skins to change how they look and work, and create skins to make your desktop your own.
Other Tips & Ticks from the Rainmeter Team and the community of users round out the effort to provide the best possible support for Rainmeter users and authors. Be sure to go through the new documentation, we hope it makes using a Rainmeter an even better experience!