Rainmeter 2.2 Release Available!
A full history of changes to Rainmeter 2.2 can be found at: What's New in Rainmeter 2.2.
January 8, 2012Rainmeter 2.1, released just over 3 months ago, has already reached a whooping 1,000,000 downloads. Today, the Rainmeter Team is proud and pleased to announce the release of Rainmeter 2.2. The latest milestone release comes with a bunch of new features and tweaks including:
- Localization support -- finally! Our users have already translated the Rainmeter UI into 35 languages ranging from Arabic to French to Vietnamese. Your language can be selected when Rainmeter is installed, and changed at any time using the Manage tool.
- "Show desktop" support improvements. Previously, skins had to be manually set to "On desktop" to keep them visible when using "Show desktop". Now, you don't have to do a thing -- skins will stay visible by default when you show the desktop.
- Rainmeter executables are now "digitally signed", to ensure what you are using is valid and unaltered, as well as reducing many "false positive" returns from some antivirus software.
- Several important improvements to NowPlaying plugin.
- Added "Type" to FreeDiskSpace measure to determine the type of drive being measured.
- Dynamic variables now supported on plugins for common measure settings.
- New "Process" plugin, to determine if a particular process or application is running.
- Many bug fixes and performance enhancements, which make Rainmeter even lighter, faster, and more reliable.
One of the most requested features over the years has been localization support. Rainmeter dialogs and context menus can now be displayed in 35 (and counting) different languages ranging from Chinese to Spanish to Hebrew. The user interface language can even be changed on the fly through the Manage Settings dialog.