It is currently April 24th, 2024, 10:34 pm

Illustro Google Stay Topmost

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
SentientAbyss

Illustro Google Stay Topmost

Post by SentientAbyss »

I have two positioning issues with the illustro google skin. The first one involves the position settings being on Stay topmost. When it is, the default 'search' text on the search bar doesn't fade out as new text is typed in.

My second issue is on the basic 'topmost' position setting, the google bar after a period of time fades behind my windows in spite of the positioning setting and requires a manual refresh in order to get it back over windows.

I really only need a solution to one of these, my problem ultimately is that I can't get my google rainmeter to stay above opened programs without some kind of undesirable drawback. Is there code I can copy and paste somewhere in the edits to solve this.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Illustro Google Stay Topmost

Post by eclectic-tech »

Right-click, edit the skin, and comment out the Text="Search..." in the [meterSearch] section.

Code: Select all

[meterSearch]
Meter=STRING
MeterStyle=styleLeftText
X=10
Y=40
W=190
H=14
; Text="Search..."
LeftMouseUpAction=!PluginBang "measureInput ExecuteBatch 1"
This is a brute force fix :x .... you no longer see the 'Search...', but you can click the lower area and see what you type in...

Getting the skin to stay above OS windows is a battle I don't think you can win. Windows decides what has priority (not Rainmeter), so only with a manual Refresh corrects that.