It is currently April 19th, 2024, 11:27 am

Executing a Program in a Minimized State (like a Shortcut)

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
IDAIS

Executing a Program in a Minimized State (like a Shortcut)

Post by IDAIS »

As many of you will know, you can set Links to Programs and Directories to open Normally, Maximized, or Minimised. And whilst I know how to set an Execute Program Bang, I can't find a way to open a program in a minimized form. Is there such a way? Or would I have to create a shortcut to open minimised, and link Rainmeter to Execute that shortcut instead?
Last edited by IDAIS on December 6th, 2014, 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
I Dream Amongst I See - And I Strive to Inspire by all that I am, and all that I ever Create
If you have time, please have a listen, you might just like it :D https://soundcloud.com/i-dais/
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Executing a Program in a Minimized State (like a Shortcu

Post by jsmorley »

IDAIS wrote:As many of you will know, you can set Links to Programs and Directories to open Normally, Maximized, or Minimised. And whilst I know how to set an Execute Program Bang, I can't find a way to open a program in a minimized form. Is there such a way? Or would I have to create a shortcut to open minimised, and link Rainmeter to Execute that link instead?
There is no way to control that from a regular bang, unless the program itself has a command line option to control the state the program starts in.

However you might be able to use the RunCommand plugin instead of just a bang to open the app, and it can control that state for many (but not all) external programs.

How well this works will vary from program to program, the more reliable method is probably to create a shortcut as you said.
fonpaolo

Re: Executing a Program in a Minimized State (like a Shortcu

Post by fonpaolo »

You can try this: Total Control Suite
There are many ...little programs (only in size!), try RunMinimizeorMaximizeProgram.