It is currently March 29th, 2024, 12:05 am

Rainmeter will not start after installation?

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
junimonster

Rainmeter will not start after installation?

Post by junimonster »

Hello all!

New potential user here. I just installed the Rainmeter 3.2 beta on a Windows 8 system. However, Rainmeter will not start. If I click the taskbar shortcut, nothing happens. If I go to program files and right-click->open the application as administrator, the User Account Control window pops up and asks me if I want to allow Rainmeter.exe to make changes to my computer. When I allow it, nothing happens. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program and rebooting my computer. My machine is otherwise pretty reliable. No other programs are running except for skype and chrome.

What on earth am I missing?
Thanks for any advice you can offer.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Rainmeter will not start after installation?

Post by balala »

You could verify if a Rainmeter.exe process is runing on the Task Manager. If yes, then find the Rainmeter icon on system tray (well, I'm hoping Win 8 has tray area - I'm not using Win 8, so I don't know if it has), it should be there. If you can find it, maybe you don't have loaded any skin. Try to load one with a right click to Rainmeter icon.
I don't know if it was/is the problem, but reading your post I had this idea. Let me know if this helped.
Acejhm

Re: Rainmeter will not start after installation?

Post by Acejhm »

I know this guy had similar...ish... problems, but he fixed it and listed his fix in the thread. You may wanna check it out.