It is currently April 20th, 2024, 7:30 am

Visualizers crashing Rainmeter.

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
Ginnge

Visualizers crashing Rainmeter.

Post by Ginnge »

I can't seem to install any Visualizer skins at all. Other skins work fine but every single Visualizer that I've tried makes Rainmeter crash.

I'm running Windows 7 64bit. I've tried completely removing rainmeter and just installing the Visualizers alongside the default skin and it still crashes.

Can anyone shed some light and maybe help me fix this? Without visualizers I might not use it which is a shame.
Active Colors

Re: Visualizers crashing Rainmeter.

Post by Active Colors »

Describe more details like audio hardware, Rainmeter version, etc.

My best assume would be that your hardware is not supported by AudioLevel plugin or your drivers are not updated.

Also probably plugin included in your downloaded skin is older version than current. Try to perform a Clean Rainmeter uninstall and grab a fresh copy of Rainmeter from the main page. Notice that newest version of the plugin is already included into Rainmeter setup file.
Ginnge

Post by Ginnge »

Active Colors wrote:Describe more details like audio hardware, Rainmeter version, etc.

My best assume would be that your hardware is not supported by AudioLevel plugin or your drivers are not updated.

Also probably plugin included in your downloaded skin is older version than current. Try to perform a Clean Rainmeter uninstall and grab a fresh copy of Rainmeter from the main page. Notice that newest version of the plugin is already included into Rainmeter setup file.
I'm using the 3.3 beta, I've tried doing a clean uninstall too and even then with only the visualizer installed it crashes. I'm using Turtle Beaches as my primary audio device, is that a problem?
Ginnge

Post by Ginnge »

Any developers have any insight on this?

153 views and only one reply is a joke.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Ginnge wrote:Any developers have any insight on this?

153 views and only one reply is a joke.
Sorry, I don't have any insight into this. As was stated above, it is possible that the plugin is just incompatible with the driver for your sound hardware. Without being able to really test with your hardware and system setup, it is really difficult to say.
dgrace
Developer

Post by dgrace »

Agree with jsmorley. Things to try: check the number of channels / sample frequency / bitrate of your hardware. Try running in stereo 48khz if possible. Turn on debug logging and see if anything's getting spit out to the log before it crashes. But if all else fails, the best way would be to build rainmeter from source, run it in debug from visual studio on your machine, and catch where it's dying. But without being able to duplicate your hardware setup it's pretty much impossible to diagnose it from here.

Best of luck,

dave
rainopelit

Post by rainopelit »

give us a code from this skin .. its 100% bad code .