It is currently May 3rd, 2024, 1:22 am

Rainmeter Flickering & Glitchs

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
NJDEN

Rainmeter Flickering & Glitchs

Post by NJDEN »

System Spec's:
Windows 8.1 64bit
SSD
Nvidia GTX 570 w/ latest drivers
i5 3570k
12 GB RAM
(Latest drivers & updates for everything)
------------------------------------------------------------
***Please review the pictures to see examples***
I'm having an issue where my Rainmeter overlay will briefly flicker over any window other than the "Manage Rainmeter" window when in any position other than bottom. This happens when ever clicking off an active window and back on to my desktop.

This issue happens with multiple skins and every window regardless if its a browser or the Windows File Explorer (except the "Manage Rainmeter" window). I wouldn't really care, but I use my "show desktop" feature (button in right corner of task-bar) quite frequently and unless its in the "on desktop" position Windows Aero will hide my overlay.

When I used to run Windows 7 Rainmeter worked perfectly; no flickers, glitches, or pops. I was so displeased that Rainmeter wasn't working correctly in Windows 8.1 I went back to Windows 7 only to find that the exact same issues are happening there now as well. So now I went back to Windows 8.1 and I'm awaiting a fix or any help.

Does anyone know of any programs that conflict with Rainmeter? I've heard Chrome can cause some strange stuff, but I don't know.

Hope this all makes sense & Thanks.

P.S.
-I attached an Image of the default Rainmeter skin "ilustro" flickering over Google Chrome. The reason only the "SYSTEM" skin is popping over Chrome is I have it set to the "on desktop" position and all the other skins set to the "bottom" position.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.