It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:09 am

application/log errors and crash summary (dmp file included)

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
Asagrim

application/log errors and crash summary (dmp file included)

Post by Asagrim »

I am using a freshly installed Rainmeter, version r2326 64-bit.

Issue 1:
For a good long while now, whenever rainmeter starts, all my skins are loaded approximately 80% transparent. I have to refresh to have my skins appear normally.

Issue 2:
The skin works fine, and then suddenly after a random time interval (minutes, hours, totally random) the log shows the following error message:
OpenHardwareMonitor: Failed to read values from sensor listOpenhandwaremonitor: System Error: The RPC server is unavailable.
Restarting Rainmeter solves the issue ... temporarily.

Issue 3:
A skin that fully functioned so far throws a dll error when starting rainmeter:
Plugin: Unable to load "\TopProcesses.dll" (error 126)
This skin worked a couple of hours ago, I didn't touch the dll, or the skin. Moving back the .dll file from C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Defaults\Plugins to C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Plugins solved the issue. Do I have to keep moving the .dll file back now for the foreseeable future, or is there a reason to it why Rainmeter moves .dll files?

Issue4:
NowPlaying.dll started malfunctioning. Reinstalling does not solve the issue, and at random time intervals during audio playback, Rainmeter crashes. Here is the dmp file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B22AtSS9J-1HODhTM05nZkF1YUk/view?usp=sharing

I would have checked whether this issue occurs in the 32-bit version as well, but when I install the beta, I do not get a checkbox to choose whether I want to install the 64-bit version or not.

The two zipped .txt files attached to this post are Farbar Recovery Scan Tool logs, that contain every piece of information there is to know about my computer's software environment, and relevant hardware.

Let me know if you require anything else to troubleshoot these issues. Thanks in advance!
Attachments
logs.zip
(31.53 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: application/log errors and crash summary (dmp file inclu

Post by eclectic-tech »

I have experienced Issue 1 when using 32-bit version... I have been experiencing this also 'for quite awhile' but thought it was a local issue.

It usually happens when loading a layout, but has happened on initial start of Rainmeter.

By flashing, I mean the skin transparency 'pulses from solid to transparent 10-20 times' then settles on one or the other states.

Top screenshot show abnormal load, bottom is after 'Refresh All'

3.2.0 beta r2326 32-bit (Sep 17 2014)
Microsoft Windows XP 32-bit (build 2600) Service Pack 3
Path: C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\
IniFile: C:\Documents and Settings\John\Application Data\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.ini
SkinPath: C:\Documents and Settings\John\My Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\

I went to the extent of adding a delayed/run-once/refresh bang to my suite, but removed it since no one reported any issue.

Not a problem for me, but since it was reported, thought I would comment.