It is currently March 29th, 2024, 3:39 pm

Create new patch

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
Fonkyzz

Create new patch

Post by Fonkyzz »

Hello,

Can you create a system to see the software "Rainmeter" in a 3D game ? On the Steam platform for example.

Thank's
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Create new patch

Post by jsmorley »

"In"? No. "Over"? Yes, if the game is running in a 'window'.

Just set the skin to "Stay topmost" and it should be there even when playing a game.

If the game is really "full screen" and is not just running in a maximized window, then probably not.
Fonkyzz

Post by Fonkyzz »

Ok
Sorry for my translation.. my english is bad.

Yes i know but i want see the software in "full screen" ..
I am disappointed
But it would be nice to create a patch for your software no ?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Fonkyzz wrote:Ok
Sorry for my translation.. my english is bad.

Yes i know but i want see the software in "full screen" ..
I am disappointed
But it would be nice to create a patch for your software no ?
Not something we are likely to try to change. Rainmeter uses "windows", which have certain rules of behavior, and we are not really likely to try and have Rainmeter break them. These are not rules like "put the toilet seat down when you are done", but more like "don't spit into the wind".

Just like Windows gives precedence to the Taskbar, and will fight you tooth and nail to keep it on top, the same is true with full screen games. We just don't want to have to constantly fight Windows to force a skin to the top when Windows is fighting just as hard to keep it from doing so. That would just be destructive of performance if nothing else.

I'm not even sure that the Windows "desktop graphical environment" that Rainmeter lives in would be compatible with a full-screen DirectX game that has taken over the entire desktop in a different graphical "engine". That might make it difficult or impossible even if we could win the "top" fight. I suspect that things like Fraps or in-game chat utilities and the like might also be done with DirectX. Not sure.
Fonkyzz

Post by Fonkyzz »

Ok
Thanks