It is currently March 29th, 2024, 9:24 am

Show desktop bug

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
North1013

Show desktop bug

Post by North1013 »

Hello
When i press the "show desktop" button the rainmeter skins disappear 9/10 of the times. a while ago i found that i could set one skin on position on desktop and that fixed it. Now that doesnt help. Any way to fix it?
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Show desktop bug

Post by jsmorley »

I'm just not sure what you are getting.

The way it works in essence in Rainmeter is that when the Show Desktop button is clicked, Windows will minimize all open windows. Rainmeter skins are just another "window", and they are minimized as well. What Rainmeter does is pretty much instantly "restore" them, so while at least in Windows 8 you will get a little "blink" of your skins, they will stay up and visible when Show Desktop is used.

The "Peak" function is a bit different. What Windows does there is basically tell all open windows to be "transparent" while the Peak button is being hovered. Rainmeter has the ability to tell the skins to ignore that request, so the skins just say visible without any "blink".

If you are clicking Show Desktop and skins are disappearing and not being restored. I"m just at a loss as to what is going on. I have never seen this behavior myself on either Win7 or Win8.

Are you running ANY kind of other utility or program that has any role to play in the Windows "desktop", any kind of monitor management utility or anything else that deals with the desktop?
North1013

Post by North1013 »

When i click show desktop i can see the skins for 0.1 seconds then it disappears. Sometimes it gets restored. but 9/10 times it doesnt. im using win7. and im pretty sure im not using any program that interacts with desktop
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

If you completely restart Rainmeter, and then click Show Desktop, does it immediately have this undesirable behavior, or is it only after you do it a few times?
North1013

Post by North1013 »

it's only after it has been running a while
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Does a "refresh" of Rainmeter rather than a full restart correct it as well?
North1013

Post by North1013 »

a refresh does not help
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Drat. I'm at a complete loss as to why your Rainmeter is losing track of this "minimize / restore" thing after some time. I will have to leave it to one of the code monkeys to see if they have any ideas.
North1013

Post by North1013 »

ok thank you for trying to solve the problem atleast