It is currently April 25th, 2024, 12:07 pm

2 bugs in Rainmeter 3.3

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
Virginityrocks

2 bugs in Rainmeter 3.3

Post by Virginityrocks »

Here are 2 bugs I've noticed.

Image 1: Seems to be an issue either with FileView or compatibility with Brain's Scrollbar.lua script. This does not happen in 3.2.

Code: Select all

;----------------------------------------------------
; Scrollbar
;----------------------------------------------------

[Placeholder]
Meter=Image
X=3
UpdateDivider=-1

[Size]
Measure=Calc
Formula=([Index1Info:H]*#MaxItem#)+1
DynamicVariables=1
Group=Scrollbar
UpdateDivider=-1

[ScrollH]
Measure=Calc
Formula=Size * (#MaxItem# / (AnalyzeTotal = 0 ? 1 : AnalyzeTotal))
DynamicVariables=1
Disabled=1
Group=Scrollbar

[ScrollbarScript]
Measure=Script
ScriptFile=#LuaLoc#
UpdateDivider=-1

[CurrentPos]
Meter=Image
ImageName=#@#ToolbarImages\scrollbar.png
ImageTint=#ToolbarBG1#
ScaleMargins=2,2,2,2
X=1
Y=(#TopHeight#+3)
H=([ScrollH] < 1 ? 1 : [ScrollH])
W=5
DynamicVariables=1
UpdateDivider=-1
Hidden=1
Group=ScrollBar | Items

[ScrollbarImage]
Meter=Image
ImageName=#@#ToolbarImages\scrollbaroutline.png
ImageTint=#SuperColor#,150
ScaleMargins=2,2,2,2
X=1
Y=r
H=([ScrollH] < 1 ? 1 : [ScrollH])
W=5
DynamicVariables=1
UpdateDivider=-1
Hidden=1
Group=ScrollBar | Items

[CheckScrollTracker]
Measure=Calc
Formula=#ScrollTracker#
DynamicVariables=1
Image 2: Whenever the bang [!RefreshApp] is triggered, Windows 8.1 is looking to open a random UUID file in the Windows Store. Nothing seems to resolve this. I thought this was something weird that I was doing at first, but this does not happen on Rainmeter 3.2 and other people are reporting it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Virginityrocks

Re: 2 bugs in Rainmeter 3.3

Post by Virginityrocks »

Any word on these bugs?
Brian
Developer

Post by Brian »

Virginityrocks wrote:Image 1: Seems to be an issue either with FileView or compatibility with Brain's Scrollbar.lua script. This does not happen in 3.2.
FileView hasn't really changed all that much, so I doubt it is something with that.

Because the code you posted is incomplete, it is difficult to replicate the problem. If you could post a working example that would help. Might be better to post a simple .rmskin that includes any pictures, lua scripts, etc.

Virginityrocks wrote:Image 2: Whenever the bang [!RefreshApp] is triggered, Windows 8.1 is looking to open a random UUID file in the Windows Store. Nothing seems to resolve this. I thought this was something weird that I was doing at first, but this does not happen on Rainmeter 3.2 and other people are reporting it.
I personally don't have access to Windows 8.1 in order to debug this. However, I am a bit skeptical that Rainmeter is causing this on its own since it hasn't been reported before. I suspect in one of your many skins, there is something being loaded on refresh or unload that is getting screwed up somewhere. Perhaps some shell command that is incompatible with Windows 8.1.

Here is something you can try out: Unload all your skins. Make a new skin that contains a simple string meter, with the text "Click me". Include a "LeftMouseUpAction=[!RefreshApp]" with that meter. Then run Rainmeter and click on "Click me". Does that UUID message happen again?

-Brian
Virginityrocks

Post by Virginityrocks »

This is only an issue with Windows 8, as I have tested this on both W8 and W7 machines. I can provide an rmskin here: http://virginityrocks.deviantart.com/art/Droptop-dropdown-app-launcher-for-windows-350959043
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Just speaking for myself, I can't see how anyone would expect us to go through 967 files in 79 folders trying to track this down. You need to boil this down to a simple, repeatable, demonstration of what you consider a "bug", so we can load it up and look into it.
Brian
Developer

Post by Brian »

@Virginityrocks: I did finally got some time and installed your suite on various machines. I did see a problem with Windows 8.1, and I believe the small change we made in version r2416 was the culprit.

Anyway, we have fixed that problem, so everything should work fine with the latest Rainmeter beta.

-Brian