It is currently April 19th, 2024, 7:43 am

Windows Update status on uptime string...

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
SpiderMAN

Windows Update status on uptime string...

Post by SpiderMAN »

Hi guys.
I need little help with one thing needed to our company configuration of rainmeter.
I need to check from ini file somehow, windows updates status or pending restart after installing those updates.
I wan't to change color of uptime counter when pending restart will needed and activate an message or button to restart computer.
Anyone can help me with this thing?
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Windows Update status on uptime string...

Post by jsmorley »

Most of the stuff about Windows Update you can get from the Registry, but the "RebootRequired" status is a little tricky.

So I used the RunCommand plugin from Brian, to use the Windows REG QUERY command to get that status.

The RunCommand plugin is included in the .rmskin

I also used a free font from http://unicodepowersymbol.com/font/ to display the Power symbol. That is also included in the .rmkin.

So just install this and you should be all set. You can then tear the code apart to see what I have done, and modify it for your needs as you like.
UpdateStatus_1.0.rmskin
1.png
2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

Thanks! :thumbup: :D
FreeRaider

Post by FreeRaider »

Interesting, but is it possible change your skin in order to notify presence of one or more available updates?

I have Windows Update set in "Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them" but in Win 8.1 there are not notifications :-( :-( (I miss Win Seven :( )

Thank you