It is currently April 16th, 2024, 9:18 pm

Show/Hide Taskbar at the push of a hotkey!

Tips and Tricks from the Rainmeter Community
AcidStrike

Show/Hide Taskbar at the push of a hotkey!

Post by AcidStrike »

I'm tired of all these useless topics about showing/hiding the Windows Taskbar using "Taskbar Eliminator" or numerous other programs.

Best idea, in almost any case, is one you can switch back whenever you need, quickly and easily with the least amount of effort. In that chain of thought, I give you this simple autohotkey script:

Code: Select all

#1:: 
WinShow,ahk_class Shell_TrayWnd
WinShow,Start ahk_class Button
Return

#2:: 
WinHide,ahk_class Shell_TrayWnd
WinHide,Start ahk_class Button
Return
So, you see, it's merely hiding the taskbar and start button. A simple enough idea, right? I thought so. I set this to Show both when (windows key + 1) is pressed. When (windows key + 2) is pressed, it makes the taskbar and start button transparent completely, but can be reversed again with the other combination.

It's entirely more efficient than any other method, because there are no programs involved, besides AutoHotkey, which, if you know what's good for you, you should be using already anyway.

If you want this to start with windows, always hiding your taskbar and start button from startup, you can create a script:

Code: Select all

WinHide,ahk_class Shell_TrayWnd
WinHide,Start ahk_class Button
Return
You then compile the script, and place it in your startup folder. Then, whenever you need your taskbar, you simply hit (windows key + 1). I hope you enjoy this and find it as simple and useful as I have.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
T Hub22

Re: Show/Hide Taskbar at the push of a hotkey!

Post by T Hub22 »

:thumbsu:

Very neat yet simple and effective!
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Another alternative, with slightly different capabilities is: http://rainmeter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1137&hilit=visage
Widjit

Post by Widjit »

My first time using AHK but I decided this was worth it. So I installed AHK and then downloaded your two scripts. I compiled the Startup one but when my PC starts up the Bar is still there just the Start Button is missing. When I use the second script Win+1 and Win+2 both hide and show the bar and button just fine. Is there something I might be missing?

Regards!

Widj