It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:10 pm

AudioLevel

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
dgrace
Developer

Re: New Plugin: AudioLevel

Post by dgrace »

Stan wrote: I agree. I got it working on version 1.00 anything after that left me in the dust. When I updated to around version 1.07 nothing worked. I guess it's because the AudioLevel.dll was replaced on the update.

I do appreciate your efforts on this but a little explanation of what your doing and how to use your creation would be nice.

Maybe it would be best for me to just wait till you have developed to stable release.
Ah bummer - I was hoping the latest one would work with your 4:1 setup. The tricky thing is unless I can duplicate your speaker config on my machine I can't figure out how to parse the data. Let me know if you're seeing the meters activate, or if they're not connecting to the device at all etc. With default params it should monitor stereo channels without having to specify anything.

I'd rather not write up the docs twice so will PM jsmorley to see if there's a preferred format. Or a wiki or something.

dave
killall-q

Post by killall-q »

dgrace wrote:Nice test skin! I think I have a RealTek chip on my MB, will try plugging in a cable to see if I can force it to 7.1. When I do properties on my existing hardware it only allows me to pick stereo.

Are you seeing any cpu hit when it's running in 7.1? That's a lot more bandwidth.
No significant effect on CPU. When I force 7.1 I can't hear anything on the channels I don't have, of course, but can only see bars go up, but channels match the Realtek manager demo.
rm_lion

Post by rm_lion »

dgrace wrote:Re: rm_lion's bug: no idea. I'm not touching the audio data or volume levels, not sure what's going on there, sorry.

dave
Hi Dave

Normally I have my Laptop microphone activated but muted. As soon as I deactivate the microphone your plugin has no more influence on the volume. So this Problem is solved for me because I only need your plugin for the Speakers but not for the microphone.

But I recognized another Problem.
When I connect my TV with a HDMI cable the detection of your plugin decreases about 90%.
Last edited by rm_lion on July 24th, 2014, 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stan

Post by Stan »

dgrace wrote:
Ah bummer - I was hoping the latest one would work with your 4:1 setup. The tricky thing is unless I can duplicate your speaker config on my machine I can't figure out how to parse the data. Let me know if you're seeing the meters activate, or if they're not connecting to the device at all etc. With default params it should monitor stereo channels without having to specify anything.

I'd rather not write up the docs twice so will PM jsmorley to see if there's a preferred format. Or a wiki or something.

dave
The 4.1 was set accidentally in my audio manager. Once I changed it to 2.1 your first version started working. I'll try the latest version and see if I can figure it out.
exper1mental

Post by exper1mental »

Using killall-q's skin, I can confirm that 7.1 is displaying correctly when testing in RealTek HD Audio Manager and again when trying that WAV file. It should be noted I do not actually have a 7.1 stereo system so I'm completely relying on that skin to confirm correct channels.

As for CPU performance I have an i7-3630QM so there's literally no impact I can tell on my CPU usage from using 7.1.
HiTBiT-PA

Post by HiTBiT-PA »

Hi, first, thanks to dgrace for the great work he has done. I have designed some skins using the plugin and everything works fine, tested on Realtek HD 7.1
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

dgrace wrote: That sounds doable - is there an existing plugin doc template I can copy? Would be nice if it was in the same format as everything else.

Re: rm_lion's bug: no idea. I'm not touching the audio data or volume levels, not sure what's going on there, sorry.

dave
I don't think it is going to be practical for you to try and use the stuff we use for the Rainmeter documentation, it's built around a bit of a "system" using Hexo and wouldn't be easy to duplicate for just this. I'm not sure what the best way to go is for you, but certainly a simple post here, with a description of the plugin, all the possible options, what any defaults are, and what the options mean, would be a good start.
dgrace
Developer

Post by dgrace »

Ok I updated the original post in this thread - I'll keep editing that if I add any more features. Let me know if I can improve it - thanks!

dave
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

dgrace wrote:Ok I updated the original post in this thread - I'll keep editing that if I add any more features. Let me know if I can improve it - thanks!

dave
Looks pretty good to me! I added a little snippet explaining what "RMS" means in this context.
rm_lion

Post by rm_lion »

Thanks for the documentation.
The only thing that I didn't understand was "TL;DR". :? Had to Google it. :)