It is currently April 19th, 2024, 6:23 pm

Spotify Plugin Released! Now with less bugs!

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
.raptor

Re: Spotify Plugin Released!

Post by .raptor »

Of course you can, that is the reason i released this! ;-)

So far I've had no luck fixing local songs, but the crashing should at least stop (no guaranties tho).

Attached the new version below.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
redsaph

No metadata on Rainmeter 3.2 Beta?

Post by redsaph »

Hi! I've recently updated my Rainmeter to the 3.2 Beta and I've recopied the plugin to the Plugins folder of Rainmeter... There's no album art or progress on any of the skins I've loaded. Is there a problem on the plugin or is it not compatible with the latest beta?

Thanks

Edit (10/Nov): That's weird... After upgrading to Spotify Premium everything seems to be normal O_O
Rainmeter-er since 2013 :welcome: | My DeviantART
.raptor

Re: No metadata on Rainmeter 3.2 Beta?

Post by .raptor »

redsaph wrote:Hi! I've recently updated my Rainmeter to the 3.2 Beta and I've recopied the plugin to the Plugins folder of Rainmeter... There's no album art or progress on any of the skins I've loaded. Is there a problem on the plugin or is it not compatible with the latest beta?

Thanks

Edit (10/Nov): That's weird... After upgrading to Spotify Premium everything seems to be normal O_O
Sorry for not responding earlier!

I have indeed seen an issue with this before, and as the plugin is barely in working order for premiums i have not started resolving this issue yet. Thank you so much for coming back with the solution you have found, since it makes bugfixing a little easier for me! :)
_aniel

Re: No metadata on Rainmeter 3.2 Beta?

Post by _aniel »

.raptor wrote: Sorry for not responding earlier!

I have indeed seen an issue with this before, and as the plugin is barely in working order for premiums i have not started resolving this issue yet. Thank you so much for coming back with the solution you have found, since it makes bugfixing a little easier for me! :)
Hi, I appreciate the effort you have put into this but alike above I have Spotify Premium, only my album art isn't working.

I have followed all the steps but the SpotifyPlugin folder isn't even appearing in Documents/RainMeter.
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

Have you tried running rainmeter as admin?
Nattfisk

Post by Nattfisk »

Thank you for all the great work on the plugin!

Sadly, the plugin is crashing for me if Rainmeter is running before I start Spotify. However, if I start Spotify first everything works great.
Just wanted to let you know.

I am running the latest version posted above.
Karlos5000

Post by Karlos5000 »

If the plugin developed?
Currently it is absolutely useless.
Every time SpodifyHelper starts crashing Rainmeter, I switch the plugin works of Rainmeter normal.
Sorry for my Englisch

Win8.1 64bit
snyderxc

Post by snyderxc »

Hey, thanks for this! For the most part, it works pretty great, but eventually it crashes.

I'm on Windows 8.1, 64-Bit.

Here is the error log:

Code: Select all

Application: Rainmeter.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Net.WebException
Stack:
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   at SpotifyPlugin.InfoGatherer.GetImageFromUrl(System.String)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
If I can do anything to help, let me know!

SnyderXC
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

Attached a rework below, would be great if you could try it out. Had to do things a little differently with this one, so you will need to put the Newtonsoft.dll in the same folder Rainmeter.exe is. Hopefully that wont be necessary for future versions, but i would like to know if this works at all before i venture further down this path (Since the last one just didn't :p ).

PS: The fallsafe is gone by the way, so you need to make sure SpotifyWebHelper.exe is running. %appdata%/Spotify/Data/SpotifyWebHelper.exe
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
snyderxc

Post by snyderxc »

I have it running now, and so far so good. I'll check back in sometime tomorrow to let you know if I've had a crash with it.

I'm a senior computer science major, so if I can help by looking at the code or anything, it would be fun to get my feet wet. Not sure what it involves? I'm most used to C++ and such.

Thanks for the work!