It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:17 am

RainLexer 2.20.0 (syntax highlighter for Notepad++)

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
poiru
Developer

Re: RainLexer 1.1.14 (syntax highlighter for Notepad++)

Post by poiru »

whitefoxd wrote:Help me. It doesn't work :(. I'm now using Notepad++ v6.6.9
An error specific to the Zenburn theme slipped into RainLexer 1.1.14. It should be fixed in RainLexer 1.1.15. Let me know if that works.
Stan

Post by Stan »

poiru wrote: An error specific to the Zenburn theme slipped into RainLexer 1.1.14. It should be fixed in RainLexer 1.1.15. Let me know if that works.
Link for v1.1.15 is 404 Page not found.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Stan wrote:
Link for v1.1.15 is 404 Page not found.
Fixed.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Install fails...

Downloaded 2 times...
Disabled AVG...
Notepad++ v6.6.8...
Latest beta of rainmeter...
XP SP3 ... ?
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

eclectic-tech wrote:Install fails...
Can you try rebooting your machine? Also, make sure you have administrative rights.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

poiru wrote: Can you try rebooting your machine? Also, make sure you have administrative rights.
Rebooting corrected ... Thanks Poiru!
Onkel_Hotte

Re: RainLexer 1.1.15 (syntax highlighter for Notepad++)

Post by Onkel_Hotte »

Sorry to bother you with the same problem (setup crashes), but reboot didn't fix it for me (OS: Windows 7, 64bit).

Updated to Notepad++ 6.6.9 -> Rainlexer setup 1.1.15 -> crashed -> reboot -> Rainlexer setup 1.1.15 -> crashed -> RMB on Rainlexer setup -> Run as Admin -> crashed.

Any Ideas?

Regards,
jsmorley
Developer

Re: RainLexer 1.1.18 (syntax highlighter for Notepad++)

Post by jsmorley »

Updated first post for new RainLexer v1.1.18 version.

Some tweaks to the keywords for the new WebParser error actions.
mr.derek

Post by mr.derek »

Hi!

Thanks so much for this syntax highlighter, I love it!

I just thought I'd contribute my findings - I use the function list in Notepad++ to navigate quickly around a big ini file, but couldn't figure out how to get it to work with a language that was installed as a plugin (such as Rainlexer). The following worked for me:

Go to your windows user's appdata: WIN + R - %APPDATA%\notepad++

Open up functionsList.xml and go to the associations section (pictured). Be sure to make a backup of this file before you save any changes.

Now this next part will depend on how many languages you have installed. I only had one (Autohotkey). The system languages as documented in the XML file go up to id 55. So with AHK at id 56, Rainmeter took up id 57. The function parser for my purposes was the same as an ini file where [...] defines the function. So the association statement you enter is:

<association langID="57" id="ini_section"/>

You may need to adjust the langID number higher or lower depending on your setup. Worst case start with 56 and increment up by 1 until the functions list starts working for rainmeter files.

Finally, I use a black background in notepad++ for everything so I'm attaching my styler data which works for the Vibrant Ink theme (or any other black background theme). As Rainlexer is a plugin you have to go to %AppData%\Notepad++\plugins\config\RainLexer.xml

Open it up and at the bottom you will see LexerStyles. Make a backup of this file and then replace the following style with the one there for a black background style (all dem zeros).

Code: Select all

<LexerStyles>
        <LexerType name="Rainmeter" desc="Rainmeter" ext="" excluded="no">
            <WordsStyle name="DEFAULT" styleID="0" fgColor="ECF0F1" bgColor="000000" fontName="" fontStyle="0" fontSize="" />
            <WordsStyle name="COMMENT" styleID="1" fgColor="2ECC71" bgColor="000000" fontName="" fontStyle="3" fontSize="" />
            <WordsStyle name="SECTION" styleID="2" fgColor="64B0E3" bgColor="000000" fontName="" fontStyle="1" fontSize="" />
            <WordsStyle name="OPTION" styleID="3" fgColor="F39C12" bgColor="000000" fontName="" fontStyle="0" fontSize="" keywordClass="0" />
            <WordsStyle name="EQUALS" styleID="4" fgColor="AB66D0" bgColor="000000" fontName="" fontStyle="0" fontSize="" keywordClass="1">if else for while</WordsStyle>
            <WordsStyle name="INVALID VALUE" styleID="5" fgColor="D81E0A" bgColor="000000" fontName="" fontStyle="0" fontSize="" keywordClass="2">if else for while</WordsStyle>
            <WordsStyle name="VALUE" styleID="6" fgColor="DD59DD" bgColor="000000" fontName="" fontStyle="0" fontSize="" keywordClass="3">bool long int char</WordsStyle>
            <WordsStyle name="BANG" styleID="7" fgColor="F7573C" bgColor="000000" fontName="" fontStyle="0" fontSize="" keywordClass="4" />
            <WordsStyle name="VARIABLE" styleID="8" fgColor="F1C40F" bgColor="000000" fontName="" fontStyle="1" fontSize="" keywordClass="5" />
            <WordsStyle name="USER VARIABLE" styleID="9" fgColor="F1C40F" bgColor="000000" fontName="" fontStyle="0" fontSize="" />
        </LexerType>
    </LexerStyles>
Thanks again for the plugin and for the work in maintaining it! I'm still very new to Rainmeter so please correct me if I'm wrong in anything.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Works nice...
1.png