It is currently April 26th, 2024, 5:57 pm

Rainmeter CoreTemp plugin for Core Temp 1.0 RC6

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
gamba69

Post by gamba69 »

This is adaptation of original CoreTemp plugin to use new shared memory data structure of most recent version of CoreTemp apllication.
Attahced: source, x64 version (tested), x32 version (not tested, so your help will be appreciated).
Extended shared memory data structure of recent CoreTemp has different name compare to earlier version, so this plugin don't see data from outdated version of CoreTemp (see http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/developers.html).

Installation: replace plugin in Rainmeter plugins dir with inlcuded version. Be sure to use appropriate (x32 or x64) version.

All measures from original plugins is supported.

New measures:

=============
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=CoreTemp
CoreTempType=StructVersion
=============
- Return version of sharedram exchange structure, currently return 2.

=============
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=CoreTemp
CoreTempType=TDP
CoreTempIndex=0
=============
- Return CPU core TDP in watts (if supported), starting at index 0. CoreTempIndex - required.

=============
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=CoreTemp
CoreTempType=Power
CoreTempIndex=0
=============
- Return CPU core current power consumption in watts (if supported), starting at index 0. CoreTempIndex - required.

=============
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=CoreTemp
CoreTempType=BusMultipliers
CoreTempIndex=0
=============
- Return CPU core current multiplier (if supported), starting at index 0. CoreTempIndex - required.

I grant all permission for RainMeter developers to include my fixes into next version of RainMeter.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
huggi

Re: Rainmeter CoreTemp plugin for Core Temp 1.0 RC6

Post by huggi »

For some reason, I'm not able to get Power and TDP. Mind uploading an example skin so that I can see where I went wrong?
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.