It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:03 am

DragToggle

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
jsmorley
Developer

DragToggle

Post by jsmorley »

This little addon will allow you to change the "Draggable" state of all your skins at once. This is useful if you normally have your screen all set up the way you like, and set "Draggable=0" on everything so you don't accidentally move things, but when you are working on your skins you want to be able to drag things around.

You can use RainBrowser or the context menu and change individual skins, but I wanted a way to do them all at once. You can of course use "Edit Settings" from the context menu and do a Search / Replace on Draggable=0 and change them to Draggable=1, save and refresh Rainmeter, but that seemed like a lot of steps to me.

So...

DragToggle works two ways:

1) If you run it with no parameters, it will "toggle" the Draggable= setting for all configs in Rainmeter.ini, changing all 0's to 1's and visa versa.

2) If you provide a parameter (either 0 or 1) it will set all configs in Rainmeter.ini to that value for Draggable=

In either case it will then refresh Rainmeter so your changes take effect.

The addon can reside anywhere on your computer.
DragToggle.zip
(352.86 KiB) Downloaded 1194 times
JpsCrazy

Re: DragToggle

Post by JpsCrazy »

Very nice. Works just as it's stated!

Any chance you could develop something so all skins positions would be 'On Desktop'?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

JpsCrazy wrote:Very nice. Works just as it's stated!

Any chance you could develop something so all skins positions would be 'On Desktop'?
I can do that, but it would be a one way street. I can't "remember" what the setting was before. I can easily make an addon that sets everything to "Desktop" though if you want.
JpsCrazy

Post by JpsCrazy »

I'd love it.
For the whole "remember" problem, I have an idea but no idea if it's practical/possible.
Make a skin use the auto-it command, and have two user-set variables, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 (1 being desktop, 5 being top most) and then just have the skin toggle it back and forth between the two variables. No, it's not perfectly convenient, but 10x better than doing it for every skin yourself.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

JpsCrazy wrote:I'd love it.
For the whole "remember" problem, I have an idea but no idea if it's practical/possible.
Make a skin use the auto-it command, and have two user-set variables, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 (1 being desktop, 5 being top most) and then just have the skin toggle it back and forth between the two variables. No, it's not perfectly convenient, but 10x better than doing it for every skin yourself.
I think the best approach for setting an individual config's settings any way you want is to just use the new !RainmeterWriteKeyValue bang in 1.3. Really no addon needed to do that.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

karmat

Post by karmat »

Great addons!
thunderdome

Post by thunderdome »

Excellent addon, only problem is , i am unable to toggle back from non draggable state.

I ran the addon, skin became non draggable.
I ran the addon again, refreshed the rainmeter using refresh all, still evrything is non draggable.
Kindly help.
thunderdome

Post by thunderdome »

thunderdome wrote:Excellent addon, only problem is , i am unable to toggle back from non draggable state.

I ran the addon, skin became non draggable.
I ran the addon again, refreshed the rainmeter using refresh all, still evrything is non draggable.
Kindly help.
I am sorry , i mistakenly assigned it to a wrong button. Thanks a lot again for the amazing addon.
Super Kudos.