It is currently March 28th, 2024, 3:21 pm

NowPlaying plugin - Multiple Media Player Support

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
~Faradey~

Re: NowPlaying plugin - Multiple Media Player Support

Post by ~Faradey~ »

Sorry for bugging you) but i noticed that Cyrillic not supported, but i remember everything were fine with earlier versions, may be i'm wrong, not sure....and it's something strange going on...most of my music with Cyrillic characters are not supported with latest plugin, but some of them are supported. Below you'll find screenshots and links to download mp3's. One "good" and one "bad"

bad :(
good :)
Windows 7 x64 Ultimate | Rainmeter 2.1 r822 | NowPlaying plugin v 1.0 (from rainmeter installer) | WinAmp 5.61
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

~Faradey~ wrote:Sorry for bugging you) but i noticed that Cyrillic not supported, but i remember everything were fine with earlier versions, may be i'm wrong, not sure....and it's something strange going on...most of my music with Cyrillic characters are not supported with latest plugin, but some of them are supported. Below you'll find screenshots and links to download mp3's. One "good" and one "bad"
I tried reading the tags with the popular MP3Tag application and got the same result as in the screenshots you posted. Seems that the embedded tag in the 'bad_one' file is saved incorrectly (i.e. as an ANSI string -- not as a Unicode string).
poiru
Developer

Testing VLC support

Post by poiru »

If you want to give NowPlaying.dll with VLC a shot, grab this. Copy the correct version of the NowPlaying.dll into Rainmeter\Plugins\ (usually in Program Files) and the VLC libcad_plugin.dll into VLC\Plugins (usually in Program Files\VideoLAN).

Then, open VLC -> Tools -> Preferences. Select 'All' under 'Show settings'. Expand 'Interface', then click on 'Control interfaces' and activate the 'CAD Now-Playing' interface. Restart VLC.

Now, open Rainmeter (with player set to VLC in the skin .ini) and VLC. VLC support is still a work in progress. There are several things that do not work, but the basics should work.

(And, for those wondering, the libcad_plugin.dll is named libcad as it implements the CD Art Display interface. This means that the libcad plugin can be used with CD Art Display, too. Haven't tested, though.)
Scream81

Post by Scream81 »

Ah this is really great, a lot more then I have thought!
Album cover display works without problems.
Controls like Play, Pause, Next, Back, Volume Up and Down also work without problems.
Stop works, but after you have stopped you can't play again. Also the skin keeps the coverart and titel information from the stopped song. The Progress and Duration returns to zero like it should.
The OpenPlayer doesn't work right now.
The ClosePlayer doesn't close the player, but seems to cut the connection between NowPlaying and VLC.

Good job.
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Scream81 wrote:Ah this is really great, a lot more then I have thought!
Album cover display works without problems.
Controls like Play, Pause, Next, Back, Volume Up and Down also work without problems.
Stop works, but after you have stopped you can't play again. Also the skin keeps the coverart and titel information from the stopped song. The Progress and Duration returns to zero like it should.
The OpenPlayer doesn't work right now.
The ClosePlayer doesn't close the player, but seems to cut the connection between NowPlaying and VLC.

Good job.
That sounds about right. The missing features will be implemented for the final version of libcad plugin. Thanks for testing!
Scream81

Post by Scream81 »

I noticed an other bug with Nowplaying VLC and libcad.
The TITLE displays the ARTIST, the artist and album both display the title :D
funny thing
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

I've being trying the NowPlaying plugin v 1.0 with Rainmeter 2.1.0 beta rev 826 (64-bit) on Windows 7 x64 with WMP Version 12.0.7601.17514.

The problem I've come across is that PlayerType=COVER returns the correct path but with the file name "folder.jpg" when the MP3 file doesn't have any album art. Thus something like Substitute="":"Default.png" can't be used to display a custom image when there is no artwork.

Obviously I can just put an appropriate folder.jpg in my music library but I wanted to update my WMP_with_Album_Art skin (http://mordasius.deviantart.com/#/d3avmki) to make use of this brilliant plugin.

Anyone have any ideas on how to overcome this niggling problem?
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Mordasius wrote:The problem I've come across is that PlayerType=COVER returns the correct path but with the file name "folder.jpg" when the MP3 file doesn't have any album art. Thus something like Substitute="":"Default.png" can't be used to display a custom image when there is no artwork.
Are you saying it returns X:\path\folder.jpg even if folder.jpg does not exist?

The current behavior to finding album art is as follows:
- local art stored by WMP
- embedded art
- folder/cover.jpg
- if nothing is found, it returns nothing (i.e. an empty string)
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

poiru wrote: Are you saying it returns X:\path\folder.jpg even if folder.jpg does not exist?
There you go. You solved it in one. For some reason I had a file named folder.jpg in my music library. Funny thing was the contents of folder.jpg changed now and again depending what MP3 files I had played - or maybe WMP was automaticaly updating the file?

Whatever, Thanks poiru, both for the help and for a brilliant plugin! :D
Riboe

Post by Riboe »

Hey, just wanted to say that this is an amazing plugin.
I've just got a quick question though... Are there any plans to make it support the Zune media player too?
I really love the functionality of this plugin and I'd hate to go back to WMP or iTunes to actually use it.
I read through the first 5 pages of this thread and didn't see anyone else with the same question, so I thought I'd ask. :)