It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:11 pm

NowPlaying plugin - Multiple Media Player Support

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
poiru
Developer

Re: NowPlaying plugin - Multiple Media Player Support

Post by poiru »

Riboe wrote:Hey, just wanted to say that this is an amazing plugin.
I've just got a quick question though... Are there any plans to make it support the Zune media player too?
I really love the functionality of this plugin and I'd hate to go back to WMP or iTunes to actually use it.
I read through the first 5 pages of this thread and didn't see anyone else with the same question, so I thought I'd ask. :)
Currently, the only way to get information from Zune is by imitating Windows Live Messenger 'Listening to' interface, which only provides basic metadata (artist, title, album). I might add Zune support someday, but detailed information (like duration, rating, or cover) won't be available.
Riboe

Post by Riboe »

poiru wrote:Currently, the only way to get information from Zune is by imitating Windows Live Messenger 'Listening to' interface, which only provides basic metadata (artist, title, album). I might add Zune support someday, but detailed information (like duration, rating, or cover) won't be available.
Well, in that case... DAMN YOU, MICROSOFT!
*Sits in a corner and waits for the possible Zune support*
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Riboe wrote:*Sits in a corner and waits for the possible Zune support*
Implemented the Windows Live Messenger interface.
- Download this and copy the correct version into Program Files\Rainmeter\Plugins
- Download a skin using NowPlaying (e.g. Soita), edit the skin and set Player=WLM

The following should work (although I haven't specifically tested with Zune):
- The TITLE, ARTIST, and ALBUM types. ALBUM is not included by some players.
- Play, Pause, PlayPause, Stop, Next, Previous bangs
Scream81 wrote:I noticed an other bug with Nowplaying VLC and libcad.
The TITLE displays the ARTIST, the artist and album both display the title :D
funny thing
Thanks, fixed. VLC support will probably make it into the next release (tomorrow) :)
Riboe

Post by Riboe »

I downloaded the plugin from the link you provided, along with your Soita skin and the latest beta of Rainmeter.
I started out by testing if it worked at all. Worked perfectly with WMP, however when I changed the 'Player=' value to WLM and fired up Zune, the skin didn't show any info at all. Play/Pause, Next, Previous and Stop all worked fine, but it couldn't get any info from Zune.

I tried to remove all the things that doesn't work when imitating the Windows Live Messenger interface, e.g. the rating, progress, duration, background, the stars and all that, leaving only the Album, Artist and Track meters and associated measures untouched. (Just to try something.) Still couldn't get any info from Zune.

Before you ask, both my Rainmeter and NowPlaying.dll are 64-bit. I didn't mix 64/32-bit. :)

Also, thanks for PM'ing me about the update! :D
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Riboe wrote:I downloaded the plugin from the link you provided, along with your Soita skin and the latest beta of Rainmeter.
I started out by testing if it worked at all. Worked perfectly with WMP, however when I changed the 'Player=' value to WLM and fired up Zune, the skin didn't show any info at all. Play/Pause, Next, Previous and Stop all worked fine, but it couldn't get any info from Zune.
Seems that Zune handles the process slightly differently compared to the player I tested with. Give this a shot: http://poiru.net/wlm2.zip

(Note: due to the non-standard implementation in Zune, TITLE might return ARTIST and vice versa. Let me know if this happens.)
Riboe

Post by Riboe »

poiru wrote: Seems that Zune handles the process slightly differently compared to the player I tested with. Give this a shot: http://poiru.net/wlm2.zip

(Note: due to the non-standard implementation in Zune, TITLE might return ARTIST and vice versa. Let me know if this happens.)
I've got some bad news... It's still not getting any values at all. The track, album and artist is still displayed as "N\A".
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Riboe wrote:I've got some bad news... It's still not getting any values at all. The track, album and artist is still displayed as "N\A".
Sigh.. Had to download Zune to figure it out. Try this: http://poiru.net/wlm3.zip
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

The latest beta brings partial support to a bunch of players. Check the manual entry for more information.

(Full VLC support will be joining the list in a few days)
Seahorse

Post by Seahorse »

Added SetPosition and Pause bangs to NowPlaying plugin.
I can't see this covered in the beta documents... :?
"Regrettably your planet is one of those scheduled for demolition"
Mike

My Skins at DeviantArt

poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Seahorse wrote: I can't see this covered in the beta documents... :?
Thanks, will add added.
Matt wrote:What you describe is slightly different, I think. With Rainmeter running and MusicBee playing, pause & close MusicBee. Then re-open MusicBee and hit play. Preferences > Player > on startup: resume position may need to be set to see it. (I don't recall if that is a default setting.)
This should also be fixed in the beta today.