It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:49 am

NowPlaying plugin - Multiple Media Player Support

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
~Faradey~

Re: NowPlaying plugin - Multiple Media Player Support

Post by ~Faradey~ »

poiru wrote:The latest beta brings partial support to a bunch of players. Check the manual entry for more information.

(Full VLC support will be joining the list in a few days)
can't wait) awesome news!! Thank You)

Tested "PlayerName=WLM" with Media Player Classic, works in: #track_num#-%Artis%-%Album%-%Track% (in one/first row/ line)
everything else not works .... well it's better then nothing

tested formats: mp3 | FLAC | WAV | DTS , everything the same :)
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

~Faradey~ wrote:Tested "PlayerName=WLM" with Media Player Classic, works in: #track_num#-%Artis%-%Album%-%Track% (in one/first row/ line)
everything else not works .... well it's better then nothing

tested formats: mp3 | FLAC | WAV | DTS , everything the same :)
Media Player Classic doesn't seem to be any good at reading tags. When playing a MP3 file with ID3v2.3 tags, I get TITLE and ARTIST correctly. However, when playing other files (tested FLAC, WMA), Media Player Classic sends the filename (which, in your case, is "#track_num#-%Artis%-%Album%-%Track%") as TITLE.

Nothing I can do about this, unfortunately. I suppose I could try extract information from the filename, but that would be inaccurate at best.
Wolfgang DelaSangre

Post by Wolfgang DelaSangre »

Hi. I posted in the Enigma Support topic, but this question is probably better suited here. I'm having trouble getting any skins that use the plugin to pick up the information from Windows Live Messenger. For example, your Soita skin keeps showing me the error message. Do you have any ideas? Maybe I'm doing something wrong here, but I don't know what.
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

Wolfgang DelaSangre wrote:Hi. I posted in the Enigma Support topic, but this question is probably better suited here. I'm having trouble getting any skins that use the plugin to pick up the information from Windows Live Messenger. For example, your Soita skin keeps showing me the error message. Do you have any ideas? Maybe I'm doing something wrong here, but I don't know what.
What player are you using?
Have you set it in the skin?
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Wolfgang DelaSangre wrote:Hi. I posted in the Enigma Support topic, but this question is probably better suited here. I'm having trouble getting any skins that use the plugin to pick up the information from Windows Live Messenger. For example, your Soita skin keeps showing me the error message. Do you have any ideas? Maybe I'm doing something wrong here, but I don't know what.
Are you sure that you're on the latest beta (r832)?
- The error message in Soita is shown only when using an invalid player name, suggesting that you're using a pre-r832 version of Rainmeter.

What did you use as the player name?
- It should be WLM -- not Zune.

If you close Windows Live Messenger and only have Zune and Rainmeter running (try changing tracks), do things work?
Wolfgang DelaSangre

Post by Wolfgang DelaSangre »

I'm using whatever came with the Rainmeter 2.1 beta download.

And yeah, I typed in WLM. I read the manual very carefully when I saw "WLM" as the player name for Zune.

EDIT: Yeah, just checked, I'm still on r826. Setting up 32 now, will come back if it works.

EDIT: Yep, it works now. Thanks!
poiru
Developer

Lyrics

Post by poiru »

Just implemented the LYRICS into NowPlaying.dll :)

Currently, it tries the following sources: http://lyricwiki.org, http://lyrdb.org, and http://letras.terra.com.br. Let me know if you have good lyrics sites in mind -- I'll consider adding them in time for the next beta release of Rainmeter (on Sunday, as usual).
Seahorse

Post by Seahorse »

Sweet, will have to see if there is a pop-out window code example kicking about the place... 8-)
Matt

Re: Lyrics

Post by Matt »

poiru wrote:Just implemented the LYRICS into NowPlaying.dll :)
Awesome! (And :rolmfao: @ the song choice in the preview image... now it's stuck in my head.)

The lyrics panel I was using in foobar had kinda terrible sources for lyrics, but I really liked its behavior of looking for locally saved lyrics (either as TXT files, synced lyric files, or in tags) before hitting the internet to download and auto-save lyrics. Any plans for being able to automatically save the lyrics NowPlaying fetches?
poiru wrote: This should also be fixed in the beta today.
It looks like I need to grab some updates for MusicBee and I'll test it more. :)
poiru
Developer

Re: Lyrics

Post by poiru »

Matt wrote:The lyrics panel I was using in foobar had kinda terrible sources for lyrics, but I really liked its behavior of looking for locally saved lyrics (either as TXT files, synced lyric files, or in tags) before hitting the internet to download and auto-save lyrics. Any plans for being able to automatically save the lyrics NowPlaying fetches?
The fetches will be cached as TXT files (into %TEMP%\Rainmeter-Cache) unless embedded lyrics are found. Would you want an option to save the somewhere else?

Mind sharing the name of the plugin? Want to take a look at how it names the TXT/LRC files..