It is currently March 28th, 2024, 1:46 pm

NowPlaying plugin - Multiple Media Player Support

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
~Faradey~

Re: NowPlaying plugin - Multiple Media Player Support

Post by ~Faradey~ »

Hello :)
I'm really like new additions in plugin, %year% especially :thumbup:
But i'm here because i have some strange issue and i can't get what am i missing... :(
I've noticed that when sending a bang to change a volume using a WindowMessage it didn't work with PlayerName=WMP. It really strange for me because it works in rainmeter through LeftMouseAction. And also WindowsMessage method works for other player what i've tested, such as WinAmp, VLC...so it looks like something wrong going on with WMP. I don't know maybe it also not works for other player but these are all i have installed for now.
This syntax i'm using
SendBang("!CommandMeasure" & ' "' & "MediaPTitle" & '" "' & "SetVolume -" & $CmdVar3 & '" "' & $CmdVar4 & '"')
where $CmdVar3 is value for volume step, and $CmdVar4 is actually a config.
...same with +n
+ also the log is clean, not any error messages about it

is this i missing something or...?
Tnx in advance)
Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

Hi

I have a problem with covers for foobar2000, I have the Biography Viewer component on foobar which downloads covers automatically in F:\Covers\Albums\ as %album% filename, so I have set in the Columns IU plugin, in Artwork table the option "Built-in foobar2000 artwork reader mode:" on "Embedded and external artwork" and in font cover source %album%

I have modified, in the ini file at [mCover] section, my Substitute value to look like this:
Substitute="":"F:\Covers\Albums\[mAlbum].jpg","F:\Covers\Albums\[mAlbum].png"

It kinda "works" for musics that don't have embedded cover but I have a problem:
When I listen to a music that doesn't have embedded cover, I have to refresh the Soita skin manually to display the cover correctly, or it would stay "locked" on the previous cover displayed, if I listen to a music that has the cover embedded, it works without refreshing.

I'm not an expert but it sounds like a cache issue, how can I solve this? Thanks.
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Ryudo wrote:Hi
I have modified, in the ini file at [mCover] section, my Substitute value to look like this:
Substitute="":"F:\Covers\Albums\[mAlbum].jpg","F:\Covers\Albums\[mAlbum].png"
Try adding DynamicVariables=1 to the [mCover] section.
~Faradey~ wrote:I've noticed that when sending a bang to change a volume using a WindowMessage it didn't work with PlayerName=WMP.
I'll take look at it, thanks for reporting.
poiru
Developer

foobar2000 plugin update

Post by poiru »

The foo_cad plugin for foobar2000 must be installed for compatibility with the latest Rainmeter beta. This update also adds support for NUMBER/YEAR to foobar2000.

(Note: The old foo_rainmeter.dll plugin can be removed.)
eddie the head

Post by eddie the head »

perfect, works flawlessly. thanks!

couple of questions though, is it possible to get a leading zero for songs 1-9? and is there any way to get the lyrics bit to read out of the tag before trying online? preferably both <LYRICS> and <UNSYNCED LYRICS> tags, though i suppose in most cases <LYRICS> would do fine.
Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

poiru wrote: Try adding DynamicVariables=1 to the [mCover] section.
Working great! Thanks, pretty useful function, didn't know about it! :thumbup:
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

eddie the head wrote:couple of questions though, is it possible to get a leading zero for songs 1-9?

Code: Select all

Substitute="^(.)$":"0\1"
RegExpSubstitute=1
eddie the head wrote:and is there any way to get the lyrics bit to read out of the tag before trying online? preferably both <LYRICS> and <UNSYNCED LYRICS> tags, though i suppose in most cases <LYRICS> would do fine.
Added to my to-do list :)
Grantp

Post by Grantp »

poiru thanks for sorting Track Number and Year in WinAmp works great now.

Cheers Grant
cmcinroy

Post by cmcinroy »

poiru, thanks for your work on year and track number, and nice work providing a fb2k component package. Couple of things to report:
- track number appears to have an extraneous trailing space (I recall, very early on, album and track title used to have the same issue)
- I get "2 k" for the year, regardless of the content of the %date% metadata
- I'm quite sure the action !Execute [!RainmeterPluginBang "mPlayer OpenPlayer"] used to open foobar if it wasn't running, but it doesn't do that anymore (seems to do nothing); the action will give the app focus if foobar is running.

Using 2.3.0 beta r1273 64-bit, Win 7 Pro 64-bit, foobar2000 v1.1.11 and foo_cad 1.0.0.

Hope this helps. Thanks again for your continued work on this excellent plugin.
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

cmcinroy wrote:- track number appears to have an extraneous trailing space (I recall, very early on, album and track title used to have the same issue)
I cannot reproduce this. Can you open About Skins, use CTRL+C to copy the measure value, and paste it somewhere in order to confirm the existence of the space?
cmcinroy wrote:- I get "2 k" for the year, regardless of the content of the %date% metadata
Get rid of AutoScale=1 on the meter :)
cmcinroy wrote:- I'm quite sure the action !Execute [!RainmeterPluginBang "mPlayer OpenPlayer"] used to open foobar if it wasn't running, but it doesn't do that anymore (seems to do nothing); the action will give the app focus if foobar is running.
This will be fixed in the next Rainmeter beta and foo_cad release. For now, restarting foobar2000 while Rainmeter is open should solve the issue (if not, check if foobar2000 started minimized into the tray).