It is currently March 29th, 2024, 7:21 am

NowPlaying plugin - Multiple Media Player Support

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
dimentio64

Re: NowPlaying plugin - Multiple Media Player Support

Post by dimentio64 »

Don't know if I'm posting in the right spot - first time posting. I have spent the last month playing with rainmeter code in my spare time, and have more or less built a skin from the ground up. I am having alot of trouble getting the nowplaying plugin to do what I want with the media player I'm using - foobar2000.

The main issue arises with regards to how foobar handles shuffle and repeat. Using the standard toggle command for repeat and shuffle doesn't work as intended due to the fact that foobar doesn't use shuffle or repeat as booleans per se but rather has "order" which handles somewhere around seven modes of playing. When toggling repeat, order is set to repeat (track) - which I am perfectly happy with, this is essentially what I'd want anyways... But toggling shuffle turns on Random, which is definitely not what I want. I want to activate shuffle (tracks) if possible.

I've looked around and can't seem to find similar discussions anywhere... Does anyone have experience with foobar and sending it commands regarding its play order?
Active Colors

Post by Active Colors »

Just tested NowPlaying plugin with new AIMP v4.00 using Soita skin and I can say that everything works just as fine as with AIMP 3.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Droyk

Post by Droyk »

Active Colors wrote:Just tested NowPlaying plugin with new AIMP v4.00 using Soita skin and I can say that everything works just as fine as with AIMP 3.
Lucky you we are stuck here with Media player classic and the sad part is it doesnt even work at all
it is not working since 2013
and poiru didn't even think to fix it and now he disappeared like rain in a snow
Seahorse

Post by Seahorse »

Active Colors wrote:Just tested NowPlaying plugin with new AIMP v4.00 using Soita skin and I can say that everything works just as fine as with AIMP 3.
Experimenting with Winamp replacements, Year is not working in v4 for me, this is reported as not working in 3.60 too?
"Regrettably your planet is one of those scheduled for demolition"
Mike

My Skins at DeviantArt

Active Colors

Post by Active Colors »

Droyk wrote:Lucky you we are stuck here with Media player classic and the sad part is it doesnt even work at all
and poiru didn't even think to fix it and now he disappeared like rain in a snow
I'm sorry to hear that. Hovewer I personally don't see any reason to use MPC as music player because it is designed as video player in first place.
Active Colors

Post by Active Colors »

Seahorse wrote:Experimenting with Winamp replacements, Year is not working in v4 for me, this is reported as not working in 3.60 too?
Oh, yeah, it is not working for me neither. I don't use Year in my skins, so I didn't know about that.
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Droyk wrote:Lucky you we are stuck here with Media player classic and the sad part is it doesnt even work at all
I don't think Media Player Classic has a proper API for other applications to access or control the currently playing track. NowPlaying cannot support MPC properly without such an API.
Droyk

Post by Droyk »

Well actually they have one for skype
and that's really work they removed MSN messenger and in that's messenger place they add skype support
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Droyk wrote:Well actually they have one for skype
and that's really work they removed MSN messenger and in that's messenger place they add skype support
Skype/MSN Messenger support is not enough. To support all NowPlaying features, a media player must provide a way to access detailed track information (artist, album, year, rating, etc.) as well as a way to control playback (play, pause, next, etc.). MPC does not provide such an interface.
Droyk

Post by Droyk »

poiru wrote:Skype/MSN Messenger support is not enough. To support all NowPlaying features, a media player must provide a way to access detailed track information (artist, album, year, rating, etc.) as well as a way to control playback (play, pause, next, etc.). MPC does not provide such an interface.
i just talked to Mpc Hc developers they said Webui will be enough for that
but if you want an alternative here is it open it with /slave https://github.com/mpc-hc/mpc-hc/blob/develop/src/mpc-hc/MpcApi.h

they said /slave have everything i want with every piece of information

and they even if i want more help i can just ask them they will be happy to do it for me