It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:34 pm

NowPlaying plugin - Multiple Media Player Support

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
Matt

Re: Lyrics

Post by Matt »

poiru wrote: The fetches will be cached as TXT files (into %TEMP%\Rainmeter-Cache) unless embedded lyrics are found. Would you want an option to save the somewhere else?
It's not necessary, but it would be a cool option to have-- saving either to cache, to another folder, or to the audio file's folder.
poiru wrote:Mind sharing the name of the plugin? Want to take a look at how it names the TXT/LRC files..
Took me a minute to dig up the plugin's thread. It's called foo_uie_lyrics2. Although it is labeled as crashware (like foo_winamp_spam) I never experienced any issues with it. I only removed it somewhat recently when I was trouble-shooting NowPlaying and I just haven't reinstalled it yet.

I linked to the last page in its thread where there's a multiupload link for the last version in post #606 (I just checked the megaupload link and it's still active) and a dropbox link to the source code in post #602.
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Matt wrote:Took me a minute to dig up the plugin's thread. It's called foo_uie_lyrics2. Although it is labeled as crashware (like foo_winamp_spam) I never experienced any issues with it. I only removed it somewhat recently when I was trouble-shooting NowPlaying and I just haven't reinstalled it yet.
Thanks!

Below are my thoughts on the implementation on this. Let me know if it looks OK and I'll get to work.

Lyrics search order:
- Embedded
- Local ("ARTIST - TITLE.txt/lrc" and "FILENAME.txt/lrc", timestamps won't be displayed in Rainmeter with lrc files)
- Cache
- Internet (if found, lyrics will be cached as "ARTIST - TITLE.txt")

LyricsPath= option, which can be set to:
- CACHE (default)
- LOCAL (saved into same folder as audio file)
- Custom path
Matt

Re: NowPlaying plugin - Multiple Media Player Support

Post by Matt »

That looks great to me, poiru. If LyricsPath= is set to a custom path, would that directory be searched if no embedded lyrics are found?
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Matt wrote:That looks great to me, poiru. If LyricsPath= is set to a custom path, would that directory be searched if no embedded lyrics are found?
Yep, it will be searched for "ARTIST - TITLE.txt/lrc" and perhaps "FILENAME.txt/lrc".
Matt

Post by Matt »

poiru wrote: Yep, it will be searched for "ARTIST - TITLE.txt/lrc" and perhaps "FILENAME.txt/lrc".
Awesome. While I only have a few hundred lyric files (ranging in quality from OK to LOL), people with large collections of vetted lyrics should have no problem accessing them with the flexibility you've got planned there.
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

poiru wrote: Thanks!

Below are my thoughts on the implementation on this. Let me know if it looks OK and I'll get to work.

Lyrics search order:
- Embedded
- Local ("ARTIST - TITLE.txt/lrc" and "FILENAME.txt/lrc", timestamps won't be displayed in Rainmeter with lrc files)
- Cache
- Internet (if found, lyrics will be cached as "ARTIST - TITLE.txt")

LyricsPath= option, which can be set to:
- CACHE (default)
- LOCAL (saved into same folder as audio file)
- Custom path
Will you add an option for it to not search the net for lyrics?
Seeing how you might want to have lyrics but don't want to have it drawn from the net, even if you don't have it stored locally.
Something simple like Internet=0 that would make it ignore step 4. Default would be Internet=1.
I don't think, therefore I'm not.
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Chewtoy wrote:Seeing how you might want to have lyrics but don't want to have it drawn from the net, even if you don't have it stored locally. Something simple like Internet=0 that would make it ignore step 4. Default would be Internet=1.
Yeah, will add.
Waldensamkeit

Post by Waldensamkeit »

Hmmm. Sorry if this was covered but I was wondering if there would be a possible way to save the lyrics to a .txt file after they have been found. I have 0 lyrics files on my machine but wouldn't mind adding them to the collection
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Waldensamkeit wrote:Hmmm. Sorry if this was covered but I was wondering if there would be a possible way to save the lyrics to a .txt file after they have been found. I have 0 lyrics files on my machine but wouldn't mind adding them to the collection
Yep, that is the plan.
poiru
Developer

Testing Lyrics support

Post by poiru »

If you want to test PlayerType=LYRICS, download this and copy the correct version into your Plugins folder. Then, add the following lines to Soita.

Code: Select all

[mLyrics]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=NowPlaying.dll
PlayerName=[mPlayer]
PlayerType=LYRICS
Substitute="":"N\A"

[Lyrics]
Meter=STRING
MeasureName=mLyrics
X=10
Y=150
W=390
H=400
SolidColor=000000EE
FontFace=Trebuchet MS
FontColor=FFFFFFFF
AntiAlias=1
ClipString=1
Text="%1"
The lyrics-related options and local lyric .txt/.lrc support are not implemented yet. Downloaded lyrics are not saved/cached at this point. Also, with the build above, changing tracks too fast will 'break' the lyrics measure due to my indolence.

All of these will be added/fixed for the official release. Just want to ensure that the essential stuff is working all right..

Thanks in advance :)