It is currently May 10th, 2024, 6:12 pm

NowPlaying plugin - Multiple Media Player Support

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
Grantp

Re: NowPlaying plugin - Multiple Media Player Support

Post by Grantp »

poiru wrote:Could you try removing the %TEMP%\Rainmeter-Cache folder?
That's worked all my albums now showing correct art.

Thanks you for your time and help much appreciated.
jeffrey296

Post by jeffrey296 »

Hi! First of all, fantastic plugin.
Second, are you considering adding compatibility with Google Music? There's a fantastic desktop app made by ~vhanla over on DeviantArt (link) that might make it possible to acquire the playing information with Rainmeter. Unfortunately, I've tried every PlayerType so far and none works. Compatibility with Google Music would really help with a new skin I'm developing!

Thanks a ton!
JHobz
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

jeffrey296 wrote:Hi! First of all, fantastic plugin.
Second, are you considering adding compatibility with Google Music? There's a fantastic desktop app made by ~vhanla over on DeviantArt (link) that might make it possible to acquire the playing information with Rainmeter. Unfortunately, I've tried every PlayerType so far and none works. Compatibility with Google Music would really help with a new skin I'm developing!

Thanks a ton!
JHobz
Hi,

Google Music support is not planned at the moment due to the lack of a Google Music API. The desktop app you linked is basically a internet browser that displays one page (music.google.com). The author has "Application messaging support" in his to-do list, so there is a possibility that NowPlaying could work with his desktop client in the future. I will try to work with him and see where it leads.
yudaweb

Post by yudaweb »

beauty of iTunes is the sliding cover art, make sure u include that
jeffrey296

Post by jeffrey296 »

Google Music support is not planned at the moment due to the lack of a Google Music API. The desktop app you linked is basically a internet browser that displays one page (music.google.com). The author has "Application messaging support" in his to-do list, so there is a possibility that NowPlaying could work with his desktop client in the future. I will try to work with him and see where it leads.
Thank you very much, and I hope you keep an eye on Google since I'm sure they'll be releasing an API when the beta closes :D
poiru
Developer

iTunes 10.5 and NowPlaying

Post by poiru »

It seems that Apple decided to change things in iTunes 10.5, which breaks compatibility with NowPlaying (and other programs such as CD Art Display). Hopefully I'll be able to find an alternative solution.

EDIT: Managed to fix this :) Will post fixed version of NowPlaying.dll later today.
poiru
Developer

Fix for iTunes 10.5

Post by poiru »

For NowPlaying to work with iTunes 10.5 (or higher), you must install the latest version of Rainmeter 2.2 beta.
alex_shaman

Post by alex_shaman »

Hi to all! :welcome:
And in particular to Great Man - poiru =)

I have one important question. What about support of cyrillic symbols in NowPlaying.dll?
Plugin works, but measures shows like a "Habra-cadabra" in a TITLE, ARTIST,... values. And filename/path of cover pic's have the same problem. Sadly =|
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

alex_shaman wrote:I have one important question. What about support of cyrillic symbols in NowPlaying.dll?
Plugin works, but measures shows like a "Habra-cadabra" in a TITLE, ARTIST,... values. And filename/path of cover pic's have the same problem. Sadly =|
What media player are you using?
alex_shaman

Post by alex_shaman »

poiru wrote:What media player are you using?
I'm using Quintessential Media Player (http://quinnware.com/) =)
Yeah, it's old (not updated from 2009), but i love this Player.
NowPlaying plugin works with it through Winamp-interface.