It is currently April 18th, 2024, 7:57 pm

illustro Gmail Skin

RSS, ATOM and other feeds, GMail, Stocks, any information retrieved from the internet
LyndonL

illustro Gmail Skin

Post by LyndonL »

Hi there,

Call me scared of change, or scared of flashy bright skins etc, but I like the illustro theme :D

I went looking for a Gmail email notifier for RainMeter and all of them were very different from illustro (and most of them didn't work for me at all). So I took Jessy Dior's skin and modded it to my specifications (Thanks Jessy). It was my first experience at making a skin so it's not that fancy.

I made it so that it looks like the rest of the illustro skins, with the exception of the Gmail logo (I wanted my mail to stand out as a more prominent feature). I did however include a variant with plain text for purists.
Click on the title/logo and it'll open Gmail, right click and it'll refresh the count.

When a new email arrives it will flash between full opaque to 50/255 transparency so that it catches your eye. (This was my alternative to playing a sound since I despise sounds).

As with most of them, just edit the skin, and change the Username and Password variables.

Hopefully someone else gets use out of this :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
h20

Re: illustro Gmail Skin

Post by h20 »

[fail] cant get it to reset the mail count show blinking "new messages 1102" refreshed skin rebooted marked all emails read in in box still all i get is flashing "new messages 1102" only thing i edited was uname an passwrd ??? any help? :???:
smurfier

Post by smurfier »

h20 wrote:[fail] cant get it to reset the mail count show blinking "new messages 1102" refreshed skin rebooted marked all emails read in in box still all i get is flashing "new messages 1102" only thing i edited was uname an passwrd ??? any help? :???:
Try adding ForceReload=1 to the MeasureMailCount section.
GitHub | DeviantArt | Tumblr
This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because . . .
h20

Post by h20 »

k i will try that i am using another skin now that did the same thing. {showed total mail count read and unread} i deleted all my mail in my in box. and now it works properly so maybe that might fix this problem also. idk ima try both when i get a chance and see which one if any fixes the problem. thanks
h20

Post by h20 »

yep added

Code: Select all

ForceReload=1
and works now sweet thanks
greenaru

Post by greenaru »

Hello, this skin is awesome but would it be possible to run 2 of it at the same time? I have 2 email addresses. It would be great if I could have notifications for bother of them. Please let me know. Cheers.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

@greenaru

Simply copy and then paste the illustroGmail folder from, and to, the rainmeter\skins folder.
Windows should automatically renamed the folder as illustroGmail_2 (you can give any unique name).

"Refresh All" in rainmeter, then open the illustrogmail.ini from the second illustroGmail_2 folder. Edit with your second username and password, save, and refresh the skin.

TO RUN MORE THAN 1 INSTANCE OF ANY SKIN:
Issue: Raimeter only allows 1 "ini" file to be active in a folder at a time; so to run 2 copies of any skin, you need to copy the identical files into a SEPARATE folder (with a unique name), refresh rainmeter, open the copy of the skin by right-clicking the rainmeter icon and selecting the ini from the skins menu, then edit any necessary items in that skin, save, and refresh.

NOTE: You may need to edit paths to images and ini files if they were coded literally to the original folder name. Other than that this should work for most skins with very little editing.

Someone can correct me if I missed any issues doing this...
compupix

Post by compupix »

I can't get it to work. I'm getting an error message:
IllusroGmail\IllustroGmail.ini - [MeasureMailCount] WebParser: RegExp matching error (-1)

Thanks,
Drew
compupix

Post by compupix »

I had previously turned on GMail two-step authentication. This caused problems for the IllustroGmail checker. GMail knows about such problems and provides a method to create application specific passwords!
Go to:
https://accounts.google.com/b/0/SmsAuthSettings
Click on the "Turn off" button "2-Step Verification is: ON".
Click on the link in the sentence: You may need to use an application-specific password.
Sign in (if needed)
Enter a name (I used IllustroGmail)
Click on "Generate Password"
Copy that password to IllustroGmail.ini

Thanks,
Drew
compupix

Blinking

Post by compupix »

How do I turn off the blinking email new messages message or change the blink rate?

Thanks,
Drew