It is currently April 16th, 2024, 8:37 pm

Media Player Controller

Media controls, music players, video and animated visualizers
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Media Player Controller

Post by balala »

This skin allows you to control your media player, shows the remaining/elapsed/total playing time. It displays the title and artist and by clicking to the progress bar, you can set the play position. I tried with Windows Media Player, Winamp and iTunes, but I think it works with all media player which are supported by NowPlaying plugin.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chuck

Re: Media Player Controller

Post by Chuck »

Neat looking skin.
May I ask how you managed to make possible to set the playing position with the progress bar? I mean, is it accurate or close-enough sections?

Last I remember reading about that, someone said the best way for now (then) was to make a number of numerous clickable buttons next to one another and divide the song by number of 'buttons'.

...but I must admit I haven't really looked up about thaat since then, to be honest. :heh:
But yeah, did you went that way or..? o:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yes, the way you described is correct: I have created a 6x9 transparent png, I inserted it 20 times and associated with every one a certain progres percentage: 3% to first, 8% to second and so on. This means that with this progress bar you can't set the possition to 5% of the piece length, but can to 3% or 8%. If you want you can creat shorter png, put them closer and set another percentage for the progress. I put 20 pngs, I think it's enough. This are the last 20 section in the skin file, named MeterSetPosition1 ... MeterSetPosition20.
This way was my idea, I didn't read about it, but I think that others found the same solution.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

This rainmeter skin is an improvement of my previous skin. As that, this skin displays the title and artist and by clicking to the progress bar, you can set the play position (this part was improved after the previous version, using Mouse Variables: http://docs.rainmeter.net/manual-beta/variables/mouse-variables). I tried with Windows Media Player, Winamp and iTunes, but I think it works with all media player which are supported by NowPlaying plugin.
When you first load the skin, open the ini file and change the PlayerName according with the player you want to use, as it is described here: http://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/plugins/nowplaying, in the Fully supported players (or the Partially supported players) part.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.