It is currently March 29th, 2024, 10:29 am

Enigma 4 [Released]

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
Kaelri
Developer

Re: Enigma 4 [Released]

Post by Kaelri »

@tyrael: I'll look into this, but I suspect that the language difference is the problem. If Remember The Milk's feed provides different weekday and month acronyms depending on your location, this will be extremely difficult to account for in the skin. There are a few other possibilities that I will explore first, though.

@moshi: The way the script works now, if it can't find a valid event date when it's parsing the feed, it simply uses the current time as a default. I'll work on providing some alternative for this.
tyrael

Post by tyrael »

[quote="Kaelri"]@tyrael: I'll look into this, but I suspect that the language difference is the problem. If Remember The Milk's feed provides different weekday and month acronyms depending on your location, this will be extremely difficult to account for in the skin. There are a few other possibilities that I will explore first, though.

I have changed the language to English on the RTM website and that solved the problem. Thanks for your suggestion!
djscottallen

Post by djscottallen »

Hi there Kaelri :welcome:

First off, I'm amazed by your rainmeter skin, it's really unique, easy to use and awesome! cheers to that

Second, I'm going batty trying to link the Google calendar. I was reading on page 5 of this thread that rainygirl had (the Enigma Sidebar calendar) linked and running but it was missing events. I haven't gotten there yet lol. Mine won't show one single event to save my life. The event calendar (taskbar reader Gcal) is showing only one event, but I saw that you were talking about adding lines by changing the code so I'll try that later... but for now I just want to get the big month calendar working. Can you please help me? Everything else looks really really beautiful, but it's unfinished with an empty calendar and it's really bugging the crap out of me lol. Thanks!

Snapshot of your skin on my desktop (simple space layout):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/53272422@N02/8229296401/
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

djscottallen wrote:I'm going batty trying to link the Google calendar. I was reading on page 5 of this thread that rainygirl had (the Enigma Sidebar calendar) linked and running but it was missing events. I haven't gotten there yet lol. Mine won't show one single event to save my life. The event calendar (taskbar reader Gcal) is showing only one event, but I saw that you were talking about adding lines by changing the code so I'll try that later... but for now I just want to get the big month calendar working. Can you please help me? Everything else looks really really beautiful, but it's unfinished with an empty calendar and it's really bugging the crap out of me lol. Thanks!
Make sure you've selected the "GoogleCalendar1.xml" events file, using Enigma's Options skin (Enigma\Options\Options.ini, under "Calendar File"). By default, only the built-in "Holidays" file is used. You can select multiple files using the dialog in Options.

As for the actual Google Calendar skin, it sounds like you may want to use the "Sidebar" variant instead. Look under Enigma\Sidebar\Reader\Gcal\Gcal.ini. :)
djscottallen

Post by djscottallen »

Thanks for the quick reply! Both skins are fixed!
It was really cool too, when I looked for the calendar file, I saw all three, so I was able to just select all 3 files (googlecalendar1, googlecalendar2, etc..) and it imported data from all 3 calendars into the main calendar skin. So cool.

One thing to note for future Enigma updates:
(Not even a big deal, your skin is near perfect. But just in case you're looking for feedback/input)

Personally, I had at least 6-7 different calendars (bills & to do lists, workout schedule, US holidays, facebook birthdays, work notes, etc..) so that I can quick hide the other calendars to just view the one I'm looking at in retrospect. I'm sure a lot of people do that. I had to combine a few to get the important details in your skin. It would be nice if I could input all of my calendars in your options skin, so that all of my calendars show. By default, it's limited to 3.

Also, if the event list had an option to switch /rotate to the next list after 2 minutes, 3 minutes, etc.. and rotate them without having to click the buttons, that would be killer.

Other than that, really really great job on the new version of Enigma!!! Props to you :bow:
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

djscottallen wrote:Personally, I had at least 6-7 different calendars (bills & to do lists, workout schedule, US holidays, facebook birthdays, work notes, etc..) so that I can quick hide the other calendars to just view the one I'm looking at in retrospect. I'm sure a lot of people do that. I had to combine a few to get the important details in your skin. It would be nice if I could input all of my calendars in your options skin, so that all of my calendars show. By default, it's limited to 3.

Also, if the event list had an option to switch /rotate to the next list after 2 minutes, 3 minutes, etc.. and rotate them without having to click the buttons, that would be killer.
I'll keep these ideas in mind when I get time to work on the next version. They shouldn't be too hard to implement. :)
vegos

Post by vegos »

is there a possibility to add a sound mixer for the active apps in the volume skin ?
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

vegos wrote:is there a possibility to add a sound mixer for the active apps in the volume skin ?
This isn't something Rainmeter can do right now. If it becomes possible in the future, I'll consider your suggestion. :)
Sizzledembacon

Post by Sizzledembacon »

Hello :) the skin is awesome!

I'm also having some troubles with the Calender.
I've got my Gmail username and Password filled out in the "Feed options" section of the Enigma options window, I've also got my privet calender address in the "1st Calender" section, and "Show Events" is switched to "Yes".
I came to this forum and saw a post about the "Calendar File" Path way, and how it should link up to "GoogleCalendar1.xml", but by default it's set to "Holiday.xml"

The problem I'm having is that I don't know where "GoogleCalendar1.xml" is. I can easily locate "Holiday.xml" But there is nothing else in that folder.
Sorry if it's a stupid question, I'm new to rain meter, and have no Lua experience at all.
smurfier

Post by smurfier »

Sizzledembacon wrote:Hello :) the skin is awesome!

I'm also having some troubles with the Calender.
I've got my Gmail username and Password filled out in the "Feed options" section of the Enigma options window, I've also got my privet calender address in the "1st Calender" section, and "Show Events" is switched to "Yes".
I came to this forum and saw a post about the "Calendar File" Path way, and how it should link up to "GoogleCalendar1.xml", but by default it's set to "Holiday.xml"

The problem I'm having is that I don't know where "GoogleCalendar1.xml" is. I can easily locate "Holiday.xml" But there is nothing else in that folder.
Sorry if it's a stupid question, I'm new to rain meter, and have no Lua experience at all.
You must have one of the GCal skins running for it to create the GoogleCalendar1.xml file.

The skin is located in Sidebar > Readers > Gcal
GitHub | DeviantArt | Tumblr
This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because . . .