It is currently April 19th, 2024, 8:44 am

Enigma 4 [Released]

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
jimbobillyjoe

Re: Enigma 4 [Released]

Post by jimbobillyjoe »

Thanks a ton for the hard work put in on this awesome project!

Only irk I have is with weather pulling from Yahoo. I understand Yahoo is 3rd party friendly but their weather forecasts are typically up to 10 degrees off for my area (example: tomorrow Yahoo says it will be 55 while NWS and Weather.com say 68) making the service fairly useless. Weather.com is vastly more accurate and would be a welcome alternative if you ever get the time. NOAA's NWS would be even better but I'm unsure how easy it is to scrape off of them not to mention a chunk of your audience would find it useless since it's US only :-(

Even still, keep up the good work :thumbup:
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

jimbobillyjoe wrote:Thanks a ton for the hard work put in on this awesome project!

Only irk I have is with weather pulling from Yahoo. I understand Yahoo is 3rd party friendly but their weather forecasts are typically up to 10 degrees off for my area (example: tomorrow Yahoo says it will be 55 while NWS and Weather.com say 68) making the service fairly useless. Weather.com is vastly more accurate and would be a welcome alternative if you ever get the time. NOAA's NWS would be even better but I'm unsure how easy it is to scrape off of them not to mention a chunk of your audience would find it useless since it's US only :-(
Quite a big chunk, I'm afraid. I've used Weather.com in the past, but their habit of changing their page and feed formats without warning, as well as threatening to shut down the feed because of unauthorized third-party scraping (like Rainmeter), makes them an unreliable choice. Yahoo's API is not perfect, and I wish it weren't so limited, but it is tailored specifically for use cases like ours.
burnwell88

Post by burnwell88 »

wow ive seen some new stuff to learn in this skin :D ... thx for shareing :D
Simon

Post by Simon »

Kaelri wrote: This is strange. By removing max-results=4& from the URLs in your Google Calendar skins, the feed should provide the full list of events. But it still seems to be getting only the next four for you. I'll do some experimenting on my own and see if I can reproduce this.
Hi,
Any progress on that issue? I have the same. I also played a bit with changing the sizes of everything and it doesn't help. And checked that while adding a 'max-results=2' does limit the number of results, entering 'max-results=6' instead doesn't increase it.
Thanks!
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

Simon wrote:Hi,
Any progress on that issue? I have the same. I also played a bit with changing the sizes of everything and it doesn't help. And checked that while adding a 'max-results=2' does limit the number of results, entering 'max-results=6' instead doesn't increase it.
Thanks!
The next version of Enigma will include the much-improved Reader script I've been working on. The new script will not require limiting the number of feed items in any way. In other words, it will get everything it can possibly get from the feed. If there's still a ceiling on the number of items, it will be on Google's side, not mine. :)
tyrael

Post by tyrael »

When I use the Remember The Milk widget my due dates do not shower properly. Instead of due dates it shows the current date. Any idea how I can correct this?
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

tyrael wrote:When I use the Remember The Milk widget my due dates do not shower properly. Instead of due dates it shows the current date. Any idea how I can correct this?
Can you give me some examples of dates that aren't showing properly? (I need the exact text that appears on the Remember The Milk website.)
moshi

Post by moshi »

for me the Enigma RTM skin works for entries that do have a due date. entries that do not have a due date show the current date and time though.
moshi

Post by moshi »

an entry without a due date looks like this in the feed:

Code: Select all

... .*<span class=\"rtm_due_value\">never</span> ...
tyrael

Post by tyrael »

Kaelri wrote: Can you give me some examples of dates that aren't showing properly? (I need the exact text that appears on the Remember The Milk website.)
This is an example of my tasks with due date and how it is shown in the Enigma RTM skin.

This is how it looks on the RTM website.

Am I doing something wrong? If I am correct my tasks have a due date, however in the Enigma RTM skin I can only see the current date.