It is currently March 29th, 2024, 6:54 am

Enigma 4 [Released]

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
Kaelri
Developer

Re: Enigma 4 [Released]

Post by Kaelri »

anthonyvanbeek wrote:Thanks so much for an awesome skin. One quick question, how do I get Remember the Milk to show more than 4 items?
Open Enigma\Sidebar\Reader\ReaderDates.inc. Near the bottom, you'll find the meters that show the title ("What") and the date ("When") for each item.

Code: Select all

[ItemWhat4]
Meter=STRING
MeterStyle=StyleReaderText | StyleReaderTextSubheading
Text=#ItemTitle4#
LeftMouseUpAction=["#ItemLink4#"]

[ItemWhen4]
Meter=STRING
MeterStyle=StyleReaderSubtext
Text=#ItemDate4#
All you have to do is add more copies of those, replacing the "4s" with 5, 6, 7, etc. according to the number of items that you want.

Note that these changes will affect both the Remember The Milk and Google Calendar skins.
rainygirl

Re: Enigma 4 --problems :(

Post by rainygirl »

I love the skin, and I just got it working on an XP desktop. (made it look SOO cool!)
But now, I can't get the same things to work on my windows7 laptop.

* The weather locator won't work (clicking "London" to start the search does nothing) even trying to put the weather code in directly doesn't work (USWA0146).

* The sidebar calendar (and the feed) won't work. When I try to choose the calendar, the only one available (in @Resources\User\Calendars, is "Holidays.xml" there is nothing else in the folder). The sidebar calendar will show the holidays, but nothing else.

* When I enter the private xml address for my calendar feed it changes it from "https://www.google.com/calendar/feeds/.../basic" to "https://www.google.com/calendar/feeds/.../full" . I have tried removing "/basic" but then it just says "no valid feed" otherwise it just says "loading"

I had just fixed a blank calendar and the dst problem on the xp, but now I can't get any of it to work on my laptop (windows 7, 64-bit)

Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS!

**also, I did allow it through my firewall

***The rss news feeds seem to now also be broken "loading," so now I really don't know
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

rainygirl wrote:* The weather locator won't work (clicking "London" to start the search does nothing) even trying to put the weather code in directly doesn't work (USWA0146).
Can you try downloading the .NET Redistributable Package? That should solve the issue with the text input box.

The code you tried didn't work because Yahoo! Weather no longer uses that code format. You can use this tool to look up your WOEID code manually.
rainygirl wrote:* The sidebar calendar (and the feed) won't work. When I try to choose the calendar, the only one available (in @Resources\User\Calendars, is "Holidays.xml" there is nothing else in the folder). The sidebar calendar will show the holidays, but nothing else.
You need to run the Google Calendar skin at least once in order for the event files to be created. You will then be able to select them.
rainygirl wrote:* When I enter the private xml address for my calendar feed it changes it from "https://www.google.com/calendar/feeds/.../basic" to "https://www.google.com/calendar/feeds/.../full" . I have tried removing "/basic" but then it just says "no valid feed" otherwise it just says "loading"
The change from "basic" to "full" is supposed to happen.

Your other problems do seem to be related to your internet connection. First, try completely exiting Rainmeter (right-click the tray icon and click Exit), then restart Rainmeter.

If that doesn't help, I'm going to need more information. Please download the WebParser Tester skin, and tell me if the light turns green or stays red. :)
rainygirl

Post by rainygirl »

Kaelri wrote: Can you try downloading the .NET Redistributable Package? That should solve the issue with the text input box.

The code you tried didn't work because Yahoo! Weather no longer uses that code format. You can use this tool to look up your WOEID code manually.
Weather is working now (installed the .net, though it said it was "already installed as part of the operating system"). It worked just fine after that! :)
Kaelri wrote: You need to run the Google Calendar skin at least once in order for the event files to be created. You will then be able to select them.
Still nothing. I had already exited/restarted a few times, restarted my computer a bunch, I even tried completely unistalling/reinstalling. A couple more exit/restarting and still nothing.
Kaelri wrote: The change from "basic" to "full" is supposed to happen.

Your other problems do seem to be related to your internet connection. First, try completely exiting Rainmeter (right-click the tray icon and click Exit), then restart Rainmeter.
If that doesn't help, I'm going to need more information. Please download the WebParser Tester skin, and tell me if the light turns green or stays red. :)
Did the WebParser. Green Light.
rainygirl

Post by rainygirl »

Okay, almost all better now. I had apparently downloaded a fix (reader.lua) that I didn't need (I don't know why).

I uninstalled/reinstalled rainmeter and the other fixes (without the reader.lua) and now all but one problem is fixed.

My google calendar is now there and showing events, just not all of them.

--> The month has stuff for nearly every single day, but only 5 days show events. I've exited and restarted a few times with the same result.

Is this something that will eventually fix itself?

ps. sorry that my stupidity was what caused the other problems! :oops:
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

rainygirl wrote:My google calendar is now there and showing events, just not all of them.

--> The month has stuff for nearly every single day, but only 5 days show events. I've exited and restarted a few times with the same result.

Is this something that will eventually fix itself?
Actually, this is something you could help me test. :) Right-click the Google Calendar skin, and click "Edit." This should open a file called "Gcal.ini." In that file, you should see a line that says:

ReaderURL1=#GoogleCalendar1#?max-results=4&futureevents=true&singleevents=true&orderby=starttime&sortorder=a
For each URL, remove the part that says max-results=4&, so that it looks like this:

ReaderURL1=#GoogleCalendar1#&futureevents=true&singleevents=true&orderby=starttime&sortorder=a
Save the changes. Then refresh the Google Calendar skin, wait a minute or two, then refresh Calendar. Let me know if you get more events to show up. :)
rainygirl

Post by rainygirl »

It is the "Calendar.ini" that is having the problem. The gcal actually seems to be showing the correct upcoming events.

In fact, I just now added a new 'event' to the correct google calendar (named 'daily').

The event, called "test" showed up immediately in the gcal.ini but still will not show in the calendar.ini

If I had the gcal.ini set to show more you would see that there is supposed to be stuff nearly every week-day of the month.

Let me know if the pic I uploaded didn't work...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rainygirl

Post by rainygirl »

Okay, now that newly added one shows up - but the others still don't.

You can see from this attachment that there should be events showing up for all of those days.

(they are all in the same calendar - just individually colored different)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

rainygirl wrote:Okay, now that newly added one shows up - but the others still don't.

You can see from this attachment that there should be events showing up for all of those days.

(they are all in the same calendar - just individually colored different)
Would you mind posting your calendar file (should be in Enigma\@Resources\User\Calendars) and post it here as an attachment? You can also PM it to me if you'd rather not post it publicly.
rainygirl

Post by rainygirl »

Hi,

I sent an email to you (via gmail) with the attachment - wasn't sure how to do an attachment in PM

thanks!