It is currently March 19th, 2024, 3:29 am

Enigma 4 [Released]

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
Kitaro

Re: Enigma 4 Beta 2

Post by Kitaro »

i fixed the problem. you must fix it to the "top" (not bottom) of the desktop and then restart all. After that it expand over the whole desktop.

Edit: The mistake is on every startup. But when i klich on the sidebar and say "restart", it expand to the whole monitor. IS there any way, that it can expand on startup?
xankazo

Post by xankazo »

Can the graph from CPU and and Network have a fixed size? It currently auto-sizes depending of the average input. For example, if the CPU has been idling from 4 to 6 %, it can take up to 80% of the graph space, until the CPU use peaks up to greater numbers. Same happens with the network graph.

This might be intended and logical, but for people who want to get a reading from the graphs by just glancing over, this might be a bit misleading.

Kaelri
Developer

Re: Enigma Support

Post by Kaelri »

RoboticRooster wrote:I'm having an issue with the gallery skin in enigma.

Sometimes the image will display with no issues, but on occasion it is just black space. On mouseover it will show the name of the image preceeded by ._

so ._image1 instead of the actual filename, image1

as far as i can tell it is random, sometimes it will display an image, sometimes the same image will have this issue.

Currently running windows 7 64-bit, rainmeter 2.4 beta and enigma 4 beta. I just updated from rainmeter 2.3 and enigma 3.1 and was having the issue with those too.
Could you give me a couple examples of image paths that this is happening with? The full paths, as in C:\whatever\whatever.jpg. It probably has something to do with spaces or special characters in the path, but I won't know until I test.
Kitaro wrote:The mistake is on every startup. But when i klich on the sidebar and say "restart", it expand to the whole monitor. IS there any way, that it can expand on startup?
This issue has to do with the way Rainmeter handles multiple monitors. The Sidebar skin designed to fill the height of your desktop work area, but it seems to be using only the primary monitor on startup. I'll try some solutions, but it's likely that this won't be completely fixed until there is a more extensive reworking of Rainmeter's multiple-monitor support.
xankazo wrote:Can the graph from CPU and and Network have a fixed size? It currently auto-sizes depending of the average input. For example, if the CPU has been idling from 4 to 6 %, it can take up to 80% of the graph space, until the CPU use peaks up to greater numbers. Same happens with the network graph.

This might be intended and logical, but for people who want to get a reading from the graphs by just glancing over, this might be a bit misleading.
Yeah, I can work on that. :)
xankazo

Post by xankazo »

Great! :D
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

I've added an option to toggle whether the Network and System graphs show "Floating" (relative) or "Percent" (absolute) values.

If there are no last-minute reports or requests, I'll release the final product tomorrow.
justauser

Post by justauser »

I love the skin but have found a problem. The Network-graph widget shows SSDI/LAN/WiFI/WAN at the top of the widget. If you are connected to both Wifi and LAN these SSID and IP address displays overlap and it is a mess.

BTW, it would ne nice to have control of how frequently the network graph updates. I can edit the skin but would prefer a setting.
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

justauser wrote:I love the skin but have found a problem. The Network-graph widget shows SSDI/LAN/WiFI/WAN at the top of the widget. If you are connected to both Wifi and LAN these SSID and IP address displays overlap and it is a mess.
I've changed the skin so that the SSID is clipped instead of overlapping the IP address.
BTW, it would ne nice to have control of how frequently the network graph updates. I can edit the skin but would prefer a setting.
I'll consider this, but I'm not sure there's enough demand to justify a new option. I'd like to hear from more users.
xankazo

Post by xankazo »

IMO, the current time interval (1 second?) is adequate enough. If more demand occur down the road maybe you could consider it (for v5.0 perhaps), but I think you can release Enigma 4 with the fixes and changes you've made so far. Of course, this is my opinion and I can accept other's too. :)
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

Kaelri wrote: This issue has to do with the way Rainmeter handles multiple monitors. The Sidebar skin designed to fill the height of your desktop work area, but it seems to be using only the primary monitor on startup. I'll try some solutions, but it's likely that this won't be completely fixed until there is a more extensive reworking of Rainmeter's multiple-monitor support.
I think I've fixed this. I don't want to delay release with another beta, but if someone with a multi-monitor setup wants to help me test, please contact me. :)
PK-KTK

Post by PK-KTK »

Kaelri wrote: I think I've fixed this. I don't want to delay release with another beta, but if someone with a multi-monitor setup wants to help me test, please contact me. :)
I am so pleased you have a new Enigma coming out - I use two monitors and I love the 3.1 Enigma version, but I'd love to test the 4 for you