It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:30 pm

Cogs, Tubes 'n' Gauges

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
Xar1923

Re: Cogs, Tubes 'n' Gauges

Post by Xar1923 »

Thanks for the help, i wasn't reading the thread title and was using your alice reworked package, and had problem with that uTorrent skin.
I was tunneled vision with this problem that i ignored the title of the skin altogether
Just had to change webui.token_auth *false
Now works like a charm.

On a side note, i suggest adding the two utorrent setup jpg from cogs, tubes 'n' gauges
be added to your alice rework, or a lil description in your DA post. I've also read that its RIP?
I hope you continue to make skins/package's, and much thanks for your contribution to the rainmeter community! I am loving this!
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

Xar1923 wrote:On a side note, i suggest adding the two utorrent setup jpg from cogs, tubes 'n' gauges be added to your alice rework, or a lil description in your DA post.
I've updated the .rmskin file and link on Deviant Art - thanks for alerting me to the problem.
fuzznut13

Post by fuzznut13 »

were can i download this?
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

serpentiz

Question on the news feed reader

Post by serpentiz »

Firstly, I love this theme, so thanks for all the effort you put into it and sharing it with all of us!

I use the Feed Reader for a rememberthemilk to-do list as well as for various news feeds, my question was: Is there a way to set just one of the feeds to sort oldest to newest while the rest sort newest to oldest?

Thanks in advance!
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

Yes sorting one of the feeds from oldest to newest would be possible. What is the maximum number of items you have in your rememberthemilk list?
serpentiz

Post by serpentiz »

As far as the skin itself, I haven't changed anything, so the default max, which appears to be 65.
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

Try this:

1. Open ....\Rainmeter\Skins\CogsTubesGauges\FeedReader\FeedReader.lua
2. Find the comment -- SORT FEEDS BY DATE at around line 232 and replace the code that is there with the following:

Code: Select all

-- SORT FEEDS BY DATE					
		local SortedFeed = {}
		for k,v in ipairs( Feed ) do table.insert( SortedFeed, k, v ) end	
		if f==1 then -- oldest to newest 	
			table.sort(SortedFeed, function(a,b) return a.Date < b.Date end)
	        else  -- newest to oldest
	                table.sort(SortedFeed, function(a,b) return a.Date > b.Date end)	
		end  

3. Open ....\Rainmeter\Skins\CogsTubesGauges\@Resources\Configs\UserVariables.inc
4. Change URL1= to your RememberTheMilk feed.
5. Refresh the FeedReader skin and Feed 1 will be sorted with the oldest entry at the top of the list.
serpentiz

Post by serpentiz »

This worked beautifully! Thanks again!
Nexavus

Post by Nexavus »

I'm having trouble with getting the music player to display anything for Spotify. The controls work, but the artist, track name, gauges, etc. don't work. Any advice?