It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:38 am

Cogs, Tubes 'n' Gauges

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
vulterey

Re: Cogs, Tubes 'n' Gauges

Post by vulterey »

Hi,

Great skin, much better than previous version. Is more clear and precise.
I really like that effect of holes in background it makes on wallpaper. :thumbup:

I couldn't resist to don't add some extra skins for my use.
If someone is interested please see deviantart for http://vulterey.deviantart.com/art/CTGauges-extension-pack-340847518
Attachments
Bez tytułu.jpg
preview
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Post by MerlinTheRed »

tru

Post by tru »

MerlinTheRed wrote:Daily Deviation! Congrats!

http://today.deviantart.com/dds/?day=2013-1-13
:cheer: Congrats !!
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

tru wrote: :cheer: Congrats !!
Thanks but I'd never heard of the Daily Deviation! thing until today and still have no idea what criteria are used for 'awarding'. But I do think that whoever it is that doles them out may have made a mistake in this case. omegamanlegend packaged the -Cogs, Tubes 'n' Gauges skins with my Midsummer Chronophage skin, slapped them onto an Alice Madness Returns wallpaper by ~DanteWontDie and garnered 2,800 Favourites in 24 hours! -> ?!

Surely that is a Deviant of some note :???:
moshi

Post by moshi »

at least you got some credits. usually it's only "thanks to the artists".
personally i don't like these kind of "skins" at all, but obviously they are often more popular than the real skins and play a big part in the popularity of Rainmeter.
at least nobody likes my stuff, so i don't have to worry about that. :D
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

moshi wrote:.. these kind of "skins" ... are often more popular than the real skins and play a big part in the popularity of Rainmeter.
That's certainly a plus which hopefully gets more people interested in how Rainmeter can help them customise their desktops.
moshi wrote:at least nobody likes my stuff, so i don't have to worry about that. :D
Oh come on moshi, you really can't say that because you only release your stylish goodies on http://customize.org where the numbers for customizers like it and customizers love it are on par with those that would chose to spend their honeymoon in Mogadishu.

I'm sure that if you wrapped up your Evi with a Hentai style wallpaper and posted her on Deviant Art you'd get 000's of favs overnight not to mention 000's of PMs from undesirables inhabiting various dark and dingy corners of the globe.

:lol:
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Congratulation on the daily deviation!!

It actually was for your skins and not the "combo-kings" compilation of other people's work!

Congrats and great work! :thumbup:
Bekarfel

Post by Bekarfel »

eclectic-tech wrote: Thanks!

Glow? ... Yes, and the added heat is appreciated on long winter nights!
The sooner it goes into full "meltdown", the sooner I can upgrade to a multi-core...
Just think of the amount of heat I could get from that!!! :D
I have a dualcore, with hyperthreading, an ACER Aspire 8920G running grid computing 26 hours a day, 8 days a week, and a quadcore, a ASUS G73Sw-3DE, with hyperthreading and it is TOASTY!
Oneiros42

Post by Oneiros42 »

Fantastic skin, but for some reason the uTorrent skin doesn't work properly. It knows when uTorrent is loaded or not, but when uTorrent is on the skin stays at "checking for active torrents". I've run LuaTorrent with the same settings and it works fine. I've double-checked the settings and everything's proper as far as I can see.
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

Others have come across the same problem with the uTorrent skin but I haven't been able to do anything about it because it works perfectly well on my machine.

Although I used JS Morley's LUATorrent 3.1.2 as a basis for the skin, I modified the LUA script because that and all the other uTorrent skins I've tried only display the first few items on the WebUI page regardless of whether or not they are active. So I suspect this is where the problem lies.

Firstly, run uTorrent and make sure there are a couple of torrents uploading or downloading then load http://#UserName#:#Password#@127.0.0.1:#uTorrentPort#/gui/?list=1 in your browser (replace #UserName#, #Password# and #uTorrentPort# with the settings you've used in the skin). Assuming that there is no problem accessing the page and that there are entries on it (which there should be if LUATorrent 3.1.2 works), please save the page as a text document and send it to me via PM. Feel free to change the torrent ID and name of anything you'd rather I didn't know about but be careful to leave the " at the beginning and end of the substituted ID and name. e.g.

["SUBSTITUTEDTORRENTID",200,"SUBSTITUTED NAME",781760512,1000,781760512,141787136,181,0,0,0,"",0,0,0,0,65536,-1,0,"","","Queued Seed","5dbbb2",1352465250,1352479689,"","E:\\Torrents",0,"CEFB44CC"],

Once I've got a copy of that I might be able to sort out why the skin isn't displaying the active uploads and downloads.