It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:16 pm

Cogs, Tubes 'n' Gauges

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
Bekarfel

Re: Cogs, Tubes 'n' Gauges

Post by Bekarfel »

I just downloaded the newest version of this skin, and I gotta say your artistic and stylistic talent never ceases to amaze me. the only problem I had was installing the skin overwrote UserConfiguration
moshi wrote:there are many Rainmeter skins that aren't really useful, so let's add another one.
jsmorley wrote:I have good news and bad news.
First the bad news. [...] We would be happy to have this happen and would love to work with anyone who is feeling ambitious.
Now the good news.
I lied, there isn't any good news...
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

Bekarfel wrote:Mordasius, would it be possible to create an 8 core version of the CPU-RAM-SWAP skin
I've done an 8 core version of the CPU-RAM-SWAP skin and included it in the latest version of the Cogs, Tubes and Gauges collection on DA.

I've also posted the 8-core version as a standalone skin for those that don't want the other skins or don't want to download all the other skins again. Get it here.
Bekarfel wrote:I just downloaded the newest version of this skin, and ... the only problem I had was installing the skin overwrote UserConfiguration
I'm really sorry about that, I had specified VariableFiles=CogsTubesGauges\@Resources\Configs\UserVariables.inc when creating the .rmskin file, but that doesn't seem to have preserved your UserVariables file. I'll report the problem in a separate post.
medu75

Post by medu75 »

Hello, I have the last update (18 January), but this is my problem with uTorrent:
I am downloading, luatorrent works fine with download, but, Cogs, Tubes only show me the uploading speed, not downloading like luatorrent, I don´t know which is the problem.
I am hopeless :confused:
My utorrent version is 3.2.3.
Windows 7 64 bits.
I do all the steps, change my nick, my password, my port, the advanced settings in utorrent.
P.D sorry for my english, I am spanish :D
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

medu75 wrote:I am downloading, luatorrent works fine with download, but, Cogs, Tubes only show me the uploading speed, not downloading like luatorrent, I don´t know which is the problem.... I am Spanish
I think this could be a language problem. To find out if it is, please open the UtorrentLua.lua file which you will find in the Rainmeter\Skins\CogsTubesGauges\Utorrent folder. Go to line 61 which looks like this:

Code: Select all

if (tTEXTSTATUS[i] == "Downloading") and (iDL < 6) then --torrent downloading
and change it to:

if (tTEXTSTATUS[i] == "Descargande") and (iDL < 6) then --torrent downloading

Then save the file, refresh the skin and see if that works any better.

Let me know if it works because I can see a better way to make it work regardless of the language.
medu75

Post by medu75 »

Mordasius wrote:
I think this could be a language problem. To find out if it is, please open the UtorrentLua.lua file which you will find in the Rainmeter\Skins\CogsTubesGauges\Utorrent folder. Go to line 61 which looks like this:

if (tTEXTSTATUS[i] == "Downloading") and (iDL < 6) then --torrent downloading
and change it to:

if (tTEXTSTATUS[i] == "Descargande") and (iDL < 6) then --torrent downloading

Then save the file, refresh the skin and see if that works any better.

Let me know if it works because I can see a better way to make it work regardless of the language.
I change it, but one thing:

if (tTEXTSTATUS[i] == "Descargando"
Change "Descargande" for "Descargando", not letter "e", is letter "o" at the end of "Descargando" and works fine now the downloading, and when the torrent finished I can see the uploading speed when I am seeding.

Thanks for your help :thumbup:
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

I'm not sure if this is a problem or not. What you should see is the name of Downloading torrents, the download speed and the percentage complete. For Uploading files you should see the name of the torent, the upload speed and a little green arrow. There is more information on both uploading and downloading files in the tooltip text which you should see when you hover the mouse over the torrent name.

You will only see the downloading speed for torrents that are downloading and only the uploading speed for torrents that are uploading. Not both speeds for all active torrents.
UtorrentDisplay.jpg
If that is not what you mean could you please send a screenshot to show what the problem is.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
medu75

Post by medu75 »

I have utorrent in english, it´s more easy for you if you need to modified something and language is not a problem for me.
Uploading only show me when I am seeding a torrent 100% download, if Torrent isn´t download I don´t see the upload´s speed, only when torrent is finished.
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

medu75 wrote:Uploading only show me when I am seeding a torrent 100% download, if Torrent isn´t download I don´t see the upload´s speed, only when torrent is finished.
That is how it is supposed to be. :)
Xar1923

Post by Xar1923 »

I'm having problems getting the uTorrent to work, i have copied the instructions you have given another user, and downloaded the lua file aswell.
When i enter http://username.password@127.0.0.1:8080/gui/?list=1, in my browser,
i get an invalid request, but if i remove "?list=1"
i can see my uTorrent's webui.

I save my changes to both uTorrent.ini and UserVariables.inc and then refresh
the uTorrent skin, results an app hang.

All this time i get "Checking for active torrents..." on the skin.
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

Xar1923 wrote:When i enter http://username.password@127.0.0.1:8080/gui/?list=1, in my browser,i get an invalid request, but if i remove "?list=1" i can see my uTorrent's webui.

I save my changes to both uTorrent.ini and UserVariables.inc and then refresh the uTorrent skin, results an app hang.
Taking away the "?list=1" bit from uTorrentURL=http://#UserName#:#Password#@127.0.0.1:#uTorrentPort#/gui/?list=1 in Utorrent.ini is not going to help so I suggest you replace whatever you have changed it to with the original version (that shown here).

Then try taking a look in Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\CogsTubesGauges\@Resources\Configs to find uTorrent-setup (1).jpg and uTorrent-setup (2).jpg which show how to make the correct settings. In particular take note of the setting for "Alternative Listening Port". If this is set to 8081 as suggested it will explain the problem you are having accessing the list using http://username.password@127.0.0.1:8080/gui/?list=1. Also note that you need a colon ':' between username and password rather than a fullstop '.'

You shouldn't have to make any changes to Utorrent.ini. Just make your changes to UserVariables.inc following the guidelines given in uTorrent-setup (1).jpg and uTorrent-setup (2).jpg.