It is currently April 18th, 2024, 6:45 am

Synkro³ - Experience perfection.

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
osuka_

Synkro³ - Experience perfection.

Post by osuka_ »

Please, give me feedback! It's really valuable and rewarding (even if it's a critique!) and will really help me improve the skin. I hope you guys enjoy it! :)

A screenshot of my primary display.
Wallpaper not included. Source: http://wallpoper.com/images/00/29/00/37/snow-forest_00290037.jpg

You can also click here to get to the DeviantArt page

Synkro³ has been updated!
a0.4
• Added interactive installer (not an executable!)
• Added multiple resolutions support
• Added dark theme
• Fixed layout
• Minor tweaks to the Time module
• Added menu (currently broken, will be fixed in a0.5) and menu launcher (just click the top right of your screen and watch the magic happen!)

a0.3
• Added Network module
• Added Disk module
• Fixed Usage module size and position
• Added Smooth Progression Algorithm (used in the Music Player module progression bar)

a0.2
• Time module bugfixes
• Added information metadata to all modules
• Changed Synkro³ logo
• SysmemUptime module bugfixes
• Fixed Background and Synkro³ refresh rate

a0.1
• Initial version
Last edited by osuka_ on May 2nd, 2014, 4:49 am, edited 9 times in total.
Mordasius

Re: Synkro³ - Welcome to the Future

Post by Mordasius »

This is a neat looking set of skins and you might like to consider the following when finalising them:

1) AccurateText=1 and TransitionUpdate=10 both belong in the [Rainmeter] section rather than in the meters.

2) Rather than putting Update=1000000000 in the [Rainmeter] section of the Synkro³ and background skins you can just put Update=-1 in the [Background] and [Synkro³] meters.

3) I'm not sure why you need Update=100 in the [Rainmeter] sections of the Music Player and Time skins.

4) I'd be tempted to have [Measure.Time.Hours.Main] reporting the users time wherever they are by not including the line TimeZone=0.
osuka_

Post by osuka_ »

Mordasius wrote:This is a neat looking set of skins and you might like to consider the following when finalising them:
Well, thanks for the feedback. I'm glad you liked it :)
Mordasius wrote:1) AccurateText=1 and TransitionUpdate=10 both belong in the [Rainmeter] section rather than in the meters.
Sure, I didn't really know you could do that. I'll edit it right away
Mordasius wrote:2) Rather than putting Update=1000000000 in the [Rainmeter] section of the Synkro³ and background skins you can just put Update=-1 in the [Background] and [Synkro³] meters.
Not sure why I did that... lol
Thanks for commenting
Mordasius wrote:3) I'm not sure why you need Update=100 in the [Rainmeter] sections of the Music Player and Time skins.
I found the time often desyncing with Update=1000. The music player update was probably by mistake. I'll test them out again at 1000 and see what happens.
Mordasius wrote:4) I'd be tempted to have [Measure.Time.Hours.Main] reporting the users time wherever they are by not including the line TimeZone=0.

It's the GMT clock. I'll probably add a local one though, now that you've brought it up.
Bekarfel

Post by Bekarfel »

osuka_ wrote: I found the time often desyncing with Update=1000. The music player update was probably by mistake. I'll test them out again at 1000 and see what happens.
with update = 1000 the meter will be at most 999 ms out of sync, e.g. the player is at 2:00 and the meter updates to 2:00 and then right after the player updates to 2:01. with an update of 100 it'll be at most 99 ms out of sync, but at a cost of ~10x the computing time
moshi wrote:there are many Rainmeter skins that aren't really useful, so let's add another one.
jsmorley wrote:I have good news and bad news.
First the bad news. [...] We would be happy to have this happen and would love to work with anyone who is feeling ambitious.
Now the good news.
I lied, there isn't any good news...
osuka_

Post by osuka_ »

Bekarfel wrote:with update = 1000 the meter will be at most 999 ms out of sync, e.g. the player is at 2:00 and the meter updates to 2:00 and then right after the player updates to 2:01. with an update of 100 it'll be at most 99 ms out of sync, but at a cost of ~10x the computing time
Well, yeah. That was... quite obvious, but thanks for the helpful answer anyways! :)
ascii024

Re: Synkro³ - Experience perfection.

Post by ascii024 »

How can I add more drives to the monitor? It only have the option for one, but what about 4? Will me much appreciated if u help me, than you :D
JohnBurns

Post by JohnBurns »

Very nice - thank you for sharing it with us. I like it a lot. :great:
Windows 10 Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.870)
44))Realtime: Windows Defender, McAfee Total Access-Total Protection, Malwarebytes, WiseVector, HMP Alert, UAC Highest Level
OnDemand: Adwcleaner, MRT, Emsisoft EEK
Duelist

Post by Duelist »

Can you add support for MPC-HC?
Duelist

Post by Duelist »

Also, the text is pretty jaggy.