It is currently April 16th, 2024, 7:11 am

List of (almost) all WiFis

Skins that monitor system information
ikarus1969

List of (almost) all WiFis

Post by ikarus1969 »

Hi!

today i want to share a small skin which is showing "all" (max. 20; but you can edit the skin if you want a higher maximum) WiFi networks detected by your computer.

The first part shows the active WiFi (if any) and below all (again: max. 20) detected WiFis are depicted in a tabular view with columns SSID, Band, Encryption and Authentication and an optical indicator for the active one.

In this skin i tried to implement a tabular view for the first time.
All WiFis_1.0.rmskin
Screenshot All WiFis.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ikarus1969 on April 14th, 2014, 10:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mordasius

Re: List of (almost) all WiFis

Post by Mordasius »

A very nice looking skin. However, it is throwing up an error of "WifiStatus.dll: WifiListLimit=0 not valid" and [Meter_COL_SSID] appears about 20 pixels to the left of the background image. I guess this is because #max_anz_wifi# and #col_pos_SSID# are set in Netzwerk.inc which was not included in the rmskin.
ikarus1969

Post by ikarus1969 »

oh my god! i forgot Netzwerk.inc How embarassing :oops:

I have updated the rmskin to have the .inc included.

A big "Thank you!" to Mordasius! :bow:

edit: here at the office i can detect some more WiFis, so the screenshot is a little bit nicer. And it comes from a fresh downloaded rmskin from the forum, so i know that it works now...
Screenshot All WiFis.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lawty

Post by lawty »

Looks amazing! - thanks for sharing
JohnBurns

Post by JohnBurns »

Nicely done! However, I really don't need it on Windows 8.1. Clicking on the Internet icon in the taskbar brings out the charms bar listing all the networks available. I currently have 11 showing when I click the icon. Thanks, tho for your good work.
Windows 10 Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.870)
44))Realtime: Windows Defender, McAfee Total Access-Total Protection, Malwarebytes, WiseVector, HMP Alert, UAC Highest Level
OnDemand: Adwcleaner, MRT, Emsisoft EEK
ikarus1969

Post by ikarus1969 »

JohnBurns wrote:Nicely done! However, I really don't need it on Windows 8.1. Clicking on the Internet icon in the taskbar brings out the charms bar listing all the networks available. I currently have 11 showing when I click the icon.
For almost all infos any skin is showing there's an alternative of the OS or at the internet ;-) No matter if clock, Harddrive infos, CPU usage, weather, RSS-feed, ... - only one or two clicks away.

It's the way you can present it with Rainmeter which makes it so attractive (at least) to me.
Bekarfel

Post by Bekarfel »

The only problem I have is when there is no network connected, it says "WiFi not available" instead of listing the unconnected networks. but this is an issue with the Wifi plugin and not the skin itself
moshi wrote:there are many Rainmeter skins that aren't really useful, so let's add another one.
jsmorley wrote:I have good news and bad news.
First the bad news. [...] We would be happy to have this happen and would love to work with anyone who is feeling ambitious.
Now the good news.
I lied, there isn't any good news...