It is currently April 19th, 2024, 10:58 am

DynaWebcam

Media controls, music players, video and animated visualizers
rm_lion

DynaWebcam

Post by rm_lion »

Hi all,

I made a Dynamic Webcam Viewer which I share with you. Your Screen Resolution should be 1920x1080 or higher.

Description:
Shows actual picture of a webcam. 123 Webcams to choose from.
MouseOver to enlarge the picture (place the skin somewhere top-left of your screen to have enough space for the expansion of the image).
Left mouse click on the picture to choose another webcam.
Right Mouse click on the picture to open the Hompepage of the Webcam.
RightMouse click on the Webcam Name in the Webcam List to set it as your favorite (It will be loaded on initial load and on refresh).
Fonts:
"Morpheus" by http://kiwi-media.com/fonts.html
"DejaVu Sans Mono" by http://dejavu-fonts.org/wiki/Main_Page

Please don't add any Webcams by yourself. Post the Link to the Webcam to this thread and I will add it for you. Whenever possible I will check this thread daily, add your cam and Update the uploaded Skin for you.
The Advantage for you is that if I make I better Version of the Skin it will allready contain your Webcam and you don't have to add it again by yourself.
The Advantage for me is that I don't have to search for all good Webcams by myself.

It is a beta Version because I still have some Problems:
1. The Rio Webcams of Copacabana don't work. I only get a forbidden Image. If I load the Url in Internet Explorer then the Picture does open. If I open the Url in Firefox then I get the forbidden Image. Don't know if there is a Workaround. If not I will delete them for the next Version.
2. The Webcam of Sprecks (Maui) shows a timelapse during local Nighttime. Therefore I get an Error with the RegExp. Have to learn a bit more about RegExp to catch this Error.

Whenever something doesn't work anymore (shouldn't occur to often :oops: ) try to Refresh the Skin. I made a Button for this at the bottom of the Webcam List. If this doesn't help you have to stop Rainmeter and Load it again.

Tips and hints and Ideas how I could make the Skin better are very welcome!!!

Ideas for future Releases:
I use the Option DownloadFile on the Measures because there are several Webcams which have an .aspx ending for the Picture-Url. I simply give it a *.jpg Name and it works. However this also opens the possibility to make a window with a preview of each Webcam instead of a text-based list. I think about opening the normal List if you click on the Image and then you could click on a button to open a List with previews.

I'm open for all good Ideas to improve this Skin!

That's all so far.
Have fun.

Kind regards,
Lion
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by rm_lion on May 15th, 2014, 4:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rm_lion

Re: DynaWebcam

Post by rm_lion »

Hi all,

I posted a new Version.

Changes:
- 1 new Webcam (Niagara Falls, Canada)
- RightMouse click on the Webcam Name in the Webcam List to set it as your favorite (It will be loaded on initial load and on refresh).

The new Version (0.95 Beta) is available in the first post.

Have a nice day,
lion
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rm_lion

Post by rm_lion »

New Version!

I made several improvements and added 45 new Webcams.
Generally everything works much better now and the Skin responds faster to mouse actions.
Almost no more Errors are produced.
Exception: If you move the mouse cursor very fast over the Image and back again than the meter sometimes gets problems to read the Image while WebParser is loading a new Image.
In the main menu I added the possibility to pause the measures.
Main.jpg
Click on Resume in the Main Menu to start it again. Or move the mouse Cursor over the Paused Meter on the Image.
DynaWebcamPaused.jpg
The Paused Meter changes to Resume and if you click it it will start again.
DynaWebcamResume.jpg
The new Version (1.0 Beta) is available in the first post.
rm_lion

Post by rm_lion »

Preview of a New Version!
Preview.jpg
-Optimized Handling.
-Many new Features. Including History Recording (Amount can easy be set) and Viewing.
-Positioning improved and easier to customize.
-Refreshed Existing List of Cams
-Many New Cams. A lot of really amazing and beautiful places on this planet.

Many Hours of Work in it.
Don't miss it ;-)

Come back again in some weeks.
rm_lion

Post by rm_lion »

Work in Progress
WorkInProgress.jpg
WorkInProgress2.jpg
WorkInProgress3.jpg