It is currently March 29th, 2024, 12:00 pm

STALKER Clear Sky w/ blood effects

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
Mordasius

STALKER Clear Sky w/ blood effects

Post by Mordasius »

This is one of the skin collections I started working on when I first caught the rainmeter bug back in 2011. I originally intended to post something to coincide with the release of STALKER 2 but gave up on that when it was cancelled by GSC in April 2012. This version, loosely based on the Clear Sky interface, has been my on-and-off desktop ever since but I never got around to finishing it because as Rainmeter evolved I kept on tweaking and tinkering. This latest incarnation has full-screen blood effects to alert you to stuff like high CPU usage, low HDD space, high ping and low signal strength.

With the release of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Lost Alpha, I decided to give up on anything new and post what I had using the Clear Sky user interface. So here it is...
moshi

Re: STALKER Clear Sky w/ blood effects

Post by moshi »

very, very nice.
i particularly like how you did the weather.
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

Thanks once again moshi.

I never quite understood why most weather skins show the current weather with no reference to the forecast. Sure there are some people so deeply embedded in office cubicles that they are not affected by external conditions, but even they might like to know the forecast for what it is like to be when they take a few steps outside. Likewise, I still don't now what a barometer reading of 1003mb rising means or whether a wind speed of 13.0 mph is enough to fly a kite.
Last edited by Mordasius on May 19th, 2014, 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Barometer is actually kinda useful. While the reading itself is not much better than the current conditions text and the spiffy current icon, the "falling / steady / rising" value combined with the current conditions is a decent indication of what the day is going to bring.
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

jsmorley wrote:Barometer is actually kinda useful. While the reading itself is not much better than the current conditions text and the spiffy current icon, the "falling / steady / rising" value is a decent indication of what the day is going to bring.
With this I can only agree.
moshi

Post by moshi »

here's a little secret:

i don't know if you are aware of the Dark Sky app for iOS: http://darkskyapp.com/
it's pretty cool as it does not only provide hourly, but minutely weather data (minutely only for North America and the UK)

they also have an api, but that of course costs money.
but luckily DuckDuckGo uses their api, and this is accessible.
for example: https://duckduckgo.com/js/spice/forecast/Liverpool
or https://duckduckgo.com/js/spice/forecast/Paris,Texas

i once made a skin using hourly forecast: http://customize.org/rainmeter/skins/65672628
Mordasius

STALKER - Lost Alpha

Post by Mordasius »

I decided to post this version of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R skins following release of the Lost Alpha Patch v1.3003 at the beginning of August. It's mostly new graphics on the Clear Sky skins but I've added a Time/Date/Sun/Moon skin, vehicle speedometer/tachometers for the HDDs and I couldn't resist a basic VUmeter using dgrace's new AudioLevel Plugin even though the meters are not from Lost Alpha.
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

@denyon 7
I'd like to have the blood effect full screen, I've removed the sidebar, but what I need to change to adjust to the full monitor?
You'll need to open the file C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\STALKER\Blood\Blood.ini with any text editor then go to line 54 with the comment ;--- [ meters ] ---.

Code: Select all

;--- [   meters  ]   ---
[MtCpuAlert]
Meter=IMAGE
ImageName=#@#Images\Blood\b1
W=1564
H=1034
ImageAlpha=0
UpdateDivider=-1
Group=CpuAlert

[MtDiskAlert]
Meter=IMAGE
ImageName=#@#Images\Blood\b2
W=1564
H=1034
ImageAlpha=0
UpdateDivider=-1

[MtPingAlert]
Meter=IMAGE
ImageName=#@#Images\Blood\b3
W=1564
H=1034
Hidden=1
UpdateDivider=-1
Change all three occurrences of

W=1564 
H=1034 
to

W= your screen width in pixels  
H= your screen height in pixels
Save the Blood.ini file and Left-click the Rainmeter Icon in your sys tray to open Manage Rainmeter. Click the [Refresh all] button in the bottom left corner and then sit back and wait for the blood to start splattering all over your screen.
deynon7

Post by deynon7 »

Really thanks Stalker.

I still have a problem anyway, maybe I'm doing something wrong. Following exactly your instructions:

Change all three occurrences of
W=1564
H=1034

to

In the exact place you told me
The effect vanishes totally, I tried also to use different W&H, but I always have a gap on the right and on the top where there should be the border.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I don't understand where I do it wrong. I suppressed the bar so that is not the problem, at least I think.

To do it I did so:

;[bloodsurround]
;Meter=IMAGE
;ImageName=#@#Images\Blood\bloodpanel1
;UpdateDivider=-1

These are the lines right under the ones you told me to modify to be able to see the effect full.

I really thanks you for your support and thanks again for the aswer.
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

deynon7 wrote:.....I tried also to use different W&H, but I always have a gap on the right and on the top where there should be the border.
I'd forgotten about the transparent border around the images - sorry about that. Anyway, I've uploaded full-screen versions of the images to drop box.

Download and overwrite the exisiting .png files in C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\STALKER\Blood\@Resources\Images\Blood with those from Dropbox.

Setting

should now show the blood splatters full screen.