Remember to uncheck 'keep on screen' under skin management

Please give credit when using

Not a fully working CharmBar, now I have to work on the search function

Please remember to give credit when using the code

[youtube]Z48gzeEM-8g[/youtube]
Attachments
WIP CharmBar_1.rmskin
(40.6 KiB) Downloaded 127 times
Last edited by Krainz on June 26th, 2014, 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
TweaknFreak

Re: Semi-working Charmbar

Post by TweaknFreak »

FYI, the !Execute bang prefix has been deprecated.
Krainz

Post by Krainz »

Skin updated with .rmskin package and video
TweaknFreak

Post by TweaknFreak »

The code has some issues of popping up immediately on Mouseover. If I were to do such a thing, I would simply create two Configs, say C1.ini and C2.ini . Now C1 is nothing but a seemingly invisible thing on your screen, placed at the right edge(you may customize it to the edge of your choice) and when I hover my mouse over it, the C2 config, which has all the icons, gets launched. This saves you using a Lua to used fading and rather use Rainmeter's default Fade effect when launching a config.

Just hang on a bit while I express myself in a .rmskin .

EDIT : Yup its here. :) Use it as you may. Fell free to ask any questions.
Attachments
Win Charms_0.1.rmskin
(27.29 KiB) Downloaded 74 times
Krainz

Post by Krainz »

The focus is to use a single .ini to optimize configuration and avoid messy management mistakes

The skin works with the same hotspots as the default Win8 CharmBar
TweaknFreak

Post by TweaknFreak »

Krainz wrote:The focus is to use a single .ini to optimize configuration and avoid messy management mistakes
I think you are pretty mistaken on that one. During the first months I had this notion too that its "organized" to keep all things in one ini . But as time went by I saw codes of suites like Enigma, Omnimo, JSMeter etc. I saw that keeping everything in one bank won't help. You create stylesheets, variable files, create different directories for images, addons and then its helpful because you can reuse your codes in two simultaneous configs without having to create two separate instances in both configs.

And I think every forum "Guru" here is gonna agree with me.
Krainz wrote:The skin works with the same hotspots as the default Win8 CharmBar
I didn't get this part. Are you trying to say that you want that charms bar to always show on your screen ??
FiiZzioN

Post by FiiZzioN »

TweaknFreak wrote: I think you are pretty mistaken on that one. During the first months I had this notion too that its "organized" to keep all things in one ini . But as time went by I saw codes of suites like Enigma, Omnimo, JSMeter etc. I saw that keeping everything in one bank won't help. You create stylesheets, variable files, create different directories for images, addons and then its helpful because you can reuse your codes in two simultaneous configs without having to create two separate instances in both configs.
Take his advice. I was in the same boat as you. When I made my first skin, I thought keeping everything in one .ini would be better and more helpful; it was the complete opposite. When it's spread out, you can reference it multiple files easily, edit files more easily, and in the end make it look more clean than it would have if it had been kept in one .ini.