It is currently March 29th, 2024, 7:20 am

Metal Gear "Inventory Shortcuts"

Skins to open folders and launch applications and websites
FuzzyLizard530

Metal Gear "Inventory Shortcuts"

Post by FuzzyLizard530 »

Something I had a bit of fun with. I saw a few launchers that I like, and decided to try my hand at making one. I'm a pretty big fan of the Metal Gear Series as a whole, so, I put this together. The only thing I couldn't figure out how to do, was to to make it so that they would do a fade-in/slide out effect on mouse-over, and the opposite effect when leaving. If anyone can figure that out, you have my respect! Lol!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I may or may not have a signature in this, very location...
dgrace
Developer

Re: Metal Gear "Inventory Shortcuts"

Post by dgrace »

Grab my XInput plugin and you can hook them up to L2/R2 and dpad! ;)

dave
FuzzyLizard530

Post by FuzzyLizard530 »

dgrace wrote:Grab my XInput plugin and you can hook them up to L2/R2 and dpad! ;)

dave
Nice! Does that only work for PS pads, though, or will any similar controller work? [Not that I think the idea is practical, unless paired with Joy2Pad for complete operation of your computer! LOL!]
I may or may not have a signature in this, very location...
dgrace
Developer

Post by dgrace »

Well there's 2 separate API's (why, Microsoft?) - the XInput API and the DirectInput API. I only ported XInput because that's what I'm using at the moment in Unreal, and I wanted to see the raw values on screen. There might be a way to get a PS3 controller to work with a 3rd-party driver, but at the moment I've only tested it with an X360 controller. For a better implementation that would handle more controllers I'd probably want to port the DirectInput API.

dave