It is currently April 20th, 2024, 2:43 pm

Game Launcher Plus

Skins to open folders and launch applications and websites
Miner49er

Game Launcher Plus

Post by Miner49er »

Image Image

Game Launcher Plus is the new and improved version of the Game Launcher that was originally made for Gnometer. Game Launcher Plus no longer requires Gnometer. I made this change to make the module more versatile for use by itself or within any theme you might be using.

Game Launcher Plus has received a bunch of new additions. The Naked Mode is now integrated into the launcher and can now be switched on and off at the click of a button. I have also added toolbars for each of the clients that give you access to different useful links for the clients.

WARNING IMPORTANT:
If you are upgrading from an older version be sure to backup your Games.inc file so you can copy and paste your game information into the new Games.inc file.

Beginning with version 2.1.2 I have separated the settings into their own include file. From this version forward you will simply need to backup the Games.inc file and copy it into the Game Launcher Plus folder after you upgrade.

V2.1.2 - Added 4 pages to the launcher and thus required editing the Games.inc file once again. If you are upgrading from an older version it will be necessary to backup your Games.inc file and copy and paste your game information into the new file. It shouldn't be too much of an issue unless you set your launcher to have more than the 4 default rows, in which case you will need to take notice that each page has been condensed from 63 games per page to 28 games per page.

V2.0.2 - Fixed the address mapping for the default install folder which caused the launcher not load the include files or any of the images without manually editing the default address.

Please feel free to offer suggestions and ideas on how the launcher can be improved. I am open to listening to all of your suggestions.

Thanks for checking out the launcher and I hope you enjoy it!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Miner49er on July 3rd, 2015, 2:05 pm, edited 8 times in total.
n1nj4

Re: Game Launcher Plus

Post by n1nj4 »

Nice looking launcher :thumbup:

Although I had to edit the *.ini file in order to show the icons.. (I only changed the "roots=" directory by my "rainmeter\skins" folder)

It works as it should.. but the icons are not within the "black box" .. (they appear right next to the title when I hover over it with my cursor)

can you tell me what line of command takes care of arranging the icons inside the "black box"? (i would be eternally grateful since I've never modified rainmeter stuff... this is actually my very first time using this :oops: ...) lol

edited

I found the way to do it :D (sorry for posting before pulling a deep search.. turns out that the icons that belong to the "black box" are in the Games.ini .... I feel really dumb

so forget the underlined text :oops:
I'll just continue my "voyage of discovery" thru your utility :D

This rainmeter thing's quite nice... i'm loving it so far :D
Miner49er

Post by Miner49er »

Glad you figured it out. Almost all of the adjustments will be found in the Games.inc file. Please feel free to throw out any suggestions that you think may improve the skin.

Thanks for checking it out.
Miner49er

Post by Miner49er »

There are now two versions of Game Launcher Plus. One is in a frame like in the screenshot and the other is a naked version that can be easily used within any theme you may have.
Miner49er

Post by Miner49er »

New version of the Game Launcher Plus has been released with a bunch of new features.
Miner49er

Post by Miner49er »

V2.0.2

Fixed folder mapping
Separated the games include file from the settings making upgrading to new versions simpler
Miner49er

Post by Miner49er »

V2.1.2 - Added 4 pages to the launcher and thus required editing the Games.inc file once again. If you are upgrading from an older version it will be necessary to backup your Games.inc file and copy and paste your game information into the new file. It shouldn't be too much of an issue unless you set your launcher to have more than the 4 default rows, in which case you will need to take notice that each page has been condensed from 63 games per page to 28 games per page.