It is currently April 20th, 2024, 3:28 am

How is rainmeter related artwork licensed?

General topics related to Rainmeter.
chibicitiberiu

How is rainmeter related artwork licensed?

Post by chibicitiberiu »

I have an idea to write an application that you can use to create Rainmeter skins, and I would like to use the Rainmeter logo (with the colors a little changed) for the application's logo and splash screen.

Here is a rough sketch of the splash screen:

My first question is, how is the existing logo licensed? Can I use it like I did in the splash screen? (my application is going to be GPL licensed)

My second question is, if I can use the image, what is the font used in the logo? I can't seem to find any font for the text 'Studio' that matches the font of the 'Rainmeter' text.

Thanks a lot.

PS: Git repository link
jsmorley
Developer

Re: How is rainmeter related artwork licensed?

Post by jsmorley »

The logo is free to use as you like, however we would prefer that any entity that use it, be it a website or application, make it clear that they are not any official part of the Rainmeter project, and are entirely a 3rd-party entity.

The font used is Aller Regular.
chibicitiberiu

Post by chibicitiberiu »

jsmorley wrote:The logo is free to use as you like, however we would prefer that any entity that use it, be it a website or application, make it clear that they are not any official part of the Rainmeter project, and are entirely a 3rd-party entity.

The font used is Aller Regular.
Awesome, thank you very much.
chibicitiberiu

Post by chibicitiberiu »

This is the final version of the splash screen, and I hope I made it clear that this project is not affiliated with the official Rainmeter project.

jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Yep, works for me. Thanks.