It is currently April 18th, 2024, 12:21 am

Can I hide all my gadgets?

General topics related to Rainmeter.
bsw11

Can I hide all my gadgets?

Post by bsw11 »

Is there anyway to hide all the RM gadgets at once and then bring them back when I want them?

I use Fences which allows a double click to hide all the normal icons. It is for cleaning the screen and viewing the background pictures.

It would be nice if this was an option in the task bar icon.
Stan

Re: Can I hide all my gadgets?

Post by Stan »

That's already there. Right click the Rainmeter Icon in the System tray > left click Manage > Left Click on the "Layouts" Tab > Create a name for your current layout, if you haven't already > Left click "Save".

Create a new blank layout on the same Layout Tab. Put a check mark in the box in front of "Save as an Empty Layout" > Type a name like Blank or Empty > Left click "Save" > Left click "Close " in the lower right corner.

Now, Right Click on the Rainmeter Icon in the system Tray > Mouse over "Layouts" > Left click on your choice in the menu that opens, either your Saved Layout or Blank, if that's what you named it.

This will help you with Rainmeter: http://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/getting-started
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Can I hide all my gadgets?

Post by eclectic-tech »

bsw11 wrote:Is there anyway to hide all the RM gadgets at once and then bring them back when I want them?

I use Fences which allows a double click to hide all the normal icons. It is for cleaning the screen and viewing the background pictures.

It would be nice if this was an option in the task bar icon.
Stan's suggestion works well (I have a blank layout ready to load when I want to test new skins), but you can also do this easily by creating a skin that can hide/show all skins with mouse clicks (left/middle) or using mouseover action to toggle. This example use the left screen edge, but you could use any area or image...

Here is the code; you can save it with any name you want, as the only config in a folder of your skin.

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
OnRefreshAction=[!Zpos 2]

[HideShowAll]
Meter=Image
W=1
H=#ScreenAreaHeight#
SolidColor=0,0,0,1
LeftMouseUpAction=[!Hide *][!Show "#CURRENTCONFIG#"][!Redraw]
MiddleMouseUpAction=[!Show *]
ToolTipText="Left-click to Hide All Skins#CRLF#Mid-click to Show All Skins"
; Alternately you can use mouse over to Toggle all skins without the need to click using the next line
; MouseOverAction=[!Toggle *][!Show "#CURRENTCONFIG#"][!Redraw]
; Alternate tool tip
; ToolTipText="MouseOver to Toggle All Skins Visibility"