It is currently April 19th, 2024, 3:45 pm

How to make a daily quote from my data file?

General topics related to Rainmeter.
iron100

Re: How to make a daily quote from my data file?

Post by iron100 »

drakulaboy wrote:iron100 if you want to make a package with your working skin you don't need to add the Plugin, the plugin is integrated in Rainmeter, if you will install on other PC your skin with latest Rainmeter it will work
I only have this
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
drakulaboy

Post by drakulaboy »

well, you must read the Guide from begining :)
iron100

Post by iron100 »

drakulaboy wrote:well, you must read the Guide from begining :)
I will only use quotes, I do not need all the features
and I really do not quite understand English. I tried to find the right guide, but could not.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

iron100 wrote: I will only use quotes, I do not need all the features
and I really do not quite understand English. I tried to find the right guide, but could not.
Rainmeter uses text "ini"tialization files to create and display "meters" (String or Image types) of "measure"ments. This is the basic operation of any Rainmeter skin.

To create a skin using the code that JSMorley posted earlier (both files; quote.ini & BumperStickers.txt), would need to be copied into a text editor and saved in a new subfolder of your "Skins". After refreshing Rainmeter, they will appear in the list and when loaded, will display a quote meter.

I did that, and created a merged IllustroQuote .rmskin (from JSMorley's code) that you can download and run, to install a Quote skin folder in the Illustro folder; it will not change the other skins there, only add a new skin in a "Quote" folder; quote.ini

You really need to Read the documentation if you want to create or modify skins (which is easy to do, once you have a little better understanding of how it works).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.