It is currently April 25th, 2024, 2:16 pm

AudioLevel/ImageMask Hybrid

General topics related to Rainmeter.
Aethrios

AudioLevel/ImageMask Hybrid

Post by Aethrios »

This is much more of a conceptual question rather than an actual "help my code is broken" issue, but I was wondering if anyone had any kind of ideas for how to push together an AudioLevel visualizer and an ImageMask, such that each bar, as it expands and contracts, reveals a portion of the masked image? (As an additional, longer-term goal, I'd like it to be a flexible image, changed through the NowPlaying plugin, using its cover-art function. This is an easy fix, once the former issue is solved).

I'm currently running a 36 bar visualizer, but haven't found any sort of effective method of revealing an image that fits behind all 36, given that the image is manipulated in each bar, and it isn't possible to have more than one ImageMask per meter.

One (ugly) solution that's come to mind was cutting up the image I'm trying to mask into pieces, one for each bar, but that doesn't make it possible to change the image that's being masked.

As always, I've done quite a bit of research and hard testing, and haven't turned up anything effective. However, if I'm missing something overwhelmingly obvious, apologies in advance.
Minimalist Enthusiast
drakulaboy

Re: AudioLevel/ImageMask Hybrid

Post by drakulaboy »

something like that?

Aethrios

Post by Aethrios »

Yeah, that's actually not too far off. I take it that's a bitmap? I'll take a look at using that instead of bars.

Thank you for the suggestion.
Minimalist Enthusiast
drakulaboy

Post by drakulaboy »

you need a image, you don't need to cut it place it behind equalizer and,
then you need a bitmap for visual equalizer with grid then put in front of image and somehow to tint the background image
Crest

Post by Crest »

drakulaboy wrote:you need a image, you don't need to cut it place it behind equalizer and,
then you need a bitmap for visual equalizer with grid then put in front of image and somehow to tint the background image
I think the OP is wondering how to accomplish this using the new image mask ability added to the beta. By masking the EQ onto a transparent png that divides the equalizer columns into bars, rather than simply overlaying a solid image of a grid on top to divide the columns.

(I haven't experimented with image mask so I can't offer advice on it :þ)
Aethrios

Post by Aethrios »

You've both got a point. It's not exactly what I was after, but it's a step closer than I was before. So it's a work in progress, though likely an exercise in futility.
Minimalist Enthusiast