It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:27 pm

NowPlaying and Foobar

General topics related to Rainmeter.
dimentio64

NowPlaying and Foobar

Post by dimentio64 »

Hi all,

I am newish to rainmeter. I have spent the last month playing with rainmeter code in my spare time, and have more or less built a skin from the ground up. I am however having alot of trouble getting the nowplaying plugin to do what I want with the media player I'm using - foobar2000.

The main issue arises with regards to how foobar handles shuffle and repeat. Using the standard toggle command for repeat and shuffle doesn't work as intended due to the fact that foobar doesn't use shuffle or repeat as booleans per se but rather has "order" which handles somewhere around seven modes of playing. When toggling repeat, order is set to repeat (track) - which I am perfectly happy with, this is essentially what I'd want anyways... But toggling shuffle turns on Random, which is definitely not what I want. I want to activate shuffle (tracks) if possible.

I've looked around and can't seem to find similar discussions anywhere... Does anyone have experience with foobar and sending it commands regarding its play order?