It is currently March 29th, 2024, 9:17 am

Roulette Wheel

General topics related to Rainmeter.
ch3w0nth1s

Roulette Wheel

Post by ch3w0nth1s »

Hey guys,

I was wondering if there was a rainmeter that served as a roulette wheel. Something you can customize each space which the pointer can land on. I thought this could be an interesting "to do" list of sorts. I've been searching for a while now and no luck.
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Roulette Wheel

Post by MerlinTheRed »

That's really an interesting idea. I guess it's certainly doable, but it might be complicated if you do it in a very customizable way. Perhaps someone will take on the challenge. Perhaps even me, but I can't guarantee anything...
Have more fun creating skins with Sublime Text 2 and the Rainmeter Package!
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

As MerlinTheRed says, this is eminently doable. All you'd need is a Rotator meter controlled by a couple of Calc measures with a Random seeds to set the number of spins and the winning number. The fun bit would be getting the ball to slow down and maybe even bounce a bit as it gets close to stopping.
moshi

Post by moshi »

rather an image meter (so it an have different states as distance from the center) and rotate this image meter with a transformation matrix.
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Post by MerlinTheRed »

If you want to have changing text dependent on your current to do notes you'd also need to place string meters and rotate them with the rest.
Have more fun creating skins with Sublime Text 2 and the Rainmeter Package!