It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:53 pm

Roulette Wheel

General topics related to Rainmeter.
ch3w0nth1s

Roulette Wheel

Post by ch3w0nth1s »

Hey guys,

I was wondering if there was a rainmeter that served as a roulette wheel. Something you can customize each space which the pointer can land on. I thought this could be an interesting "to do" list of sorts. I've been searching for a while now and no luck.
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Roulette Wheel

Post by MerlinTheRed »

That's really an interesting idea. I guess it's certainly doable, but it might be complicated if you do it in a very customizable way. Perhaps someone will take on the challenge. Perhaps even me, but I can't guarantee anything...
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

As MerlinTheRed says, this is eminently doable. All you'd need is a Rotator meter controlled by a couple of Calc measures with a Random seeds to set the number of spins and the winning number. The fun bit would be getting the ball to slow down and maybe even bounce a bit as it gets close to stopping.
moshi

Post by moshi »

rather an image meter (so it an have different states as distance from the center) and rotate this image meter with a transformation matrix.
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Post by MerlinTheRed »

If you want to have changing text dependent on your current to do notes you'd also need to place string meters and rotate them with the rest.