It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:25 pm

Need help locating a specific skin...

General topics related to Rainmeter.
VelvtRide

Need help locating a specific skin...

Post by VelvtRide »

I'm trying to find a transparent CPU/UpTime/RAM/HDD monitor that runs across the bottom of the screen, rather than the traditional up & down. I've been through more than 200 pages of DeviantART looking for such an item and tried looking here but my eyes just can't take it anymore. :-)

Someone please put me out of my misery - there's a skin out there like that..... isn't there?

TIA!

VR
Chewtoy

Re: Need help locating a specific skin...

Post by Chewtoy »

VelvtRide

Post by VelvtRide »

Thanks, but all that code is baffling to me. Tried my hand at that a few months ago with another project and I was good enough to abandon it before I killed myself. :)
tru

Post by tru »

VelvtRide wrote:Thanks, but all that code is baffling to me. Tried my hand at that a few months ago with another project and I was good enough to abandon it before I killed myself. :)
find the ones you like and then change the size....
VelvtRide

Post by VelvtRide »

tru wrote: find the ones you like and then change the size....
Tried that too, but botched it up pretty good. LOL
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

It's really not that hard.
Firt, take a look at how you make an image that would streatch you desired lenght.
http://rainmeter.net/cms/Meters-Image
Some usefull built-in variables is always nice to use: http://rainmeter.net/cms/Skins (scroll down a bit)

And then, when you have that bar fixed, why it's just a matter of splicing (butchering other skins, grabbing code, posting in your own so you learn what everything does)!

But really, doesn't Enigma have all these things you are looking for?
VelvtRide

Post by VelvtRide »

Chewtoy wrote:It's really not that hard.
Firt, take a look at how you make an image that would streatch you desired lenght.
http://rainmeter.net/cms/Meters-Image
Some usefull built-in variables is always nice to use: http://rainmeter.net/cms/Skins (scroll down a bit)

And then, when you have that bar fixed, why it's just a matter of splicing (butchering other skins, grabbing code, posting in your own so you learn what everything does)!

But really, doesn't Enigma have all these things you are looking for?
Thanks for the detailed instructions and links! I'll take a look and see what I can come up with.... as for Enigma having what I need, it does... in a way. Like you suggested, I'd like a little of this, a little of that and put it here and here and here and make it look just so. So while Enigma does have things I can utilize, it's not what I want the bar or graph or image to look like. There are others out there that look like what I want, but then is the hassle of trying to modify them to fit them where I want on my screen. Plus, not just one skin, or meter, is what I'm looking for - it's that there are numerous out there that I wish to combine.... or find what I am looking for in one skin. I did see one that was just what I wanted, but I cannot remember where it was or how I ran across it. Bummer, eh? LOL

Thanks, again, for your post! I appreciate the help.
tru

Post by tru »

Have ya tried Customize.org ??
VelvtRide

Post by VelvtRide »

tru wrote:Have ya tried Customize.org ??
Been looking there today - haven't found anything yet. My hopes in posting this thread was that someone who was familiar with Rainmeter would instantly know the skin I was looking for. Apparently, there are so many out there, that the one I want is not so popular that everyone knows about it.

But I do appreciate all the feedback!
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

Well. Yes. If it had been a year ago - finding a skin would be a whole lot easier. We've grown a tad since then.

But anyway. The best way to make things look like you want is definatly to do it yourself.
Don't know some part of the code? That's why we have a help section. But be wary, you should always confind to the documentation before. If everyone did that, I confidantly belive that 50% (if not more) of all the questions asked would perish.

But anyways, good luck!